• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bought an old house :)

So I got notice yesterday that I got the house that I made an offer on. 1910 homestead, mortgage cheaper then my rent so made a change, take possession end of the month :)
Nice long piece, just full of dandelions, trying to decide to cover with sheet to kill them off or "Vinegar Lemon"  application, Hmmmm.

SO I will have lots of room now and can build a poly greenhouse :)
Im standing next to an old garage, need to secure the doors other then that its not leaking.

P5150855_Backyard-1000_zpsgdsklw59.jpg

If you're going to start over with the lawn, a few tbsp. of dish soap mixed in white vinegar makes an excellent weed killer. It only kills foliage though, so you'll need to reapply later when the weeds sprout back from roots. After a few applications you should be ready to till and seed.
     Good luck, congratulations and have fun!

Thanks!
Yup I read about the soap too, thought give them a spray and then black poly on top.
Will be able to start seedlings out of the house now :)

That's awesome Neil!

I can see a poly tunnel or something there for sure. I did the same thing a. Umber of years ago. Bought a fixer upper and was cheaper than rent. $400 a month and that's taxes and insurance. Gave me extra money for fixing the place up. Little by little it will come together.

I would get a mower and mow down as low as you can get in areas you don't want grass and weed and feed the areas you do. They do make some good stuff that you can mix in a garden sprayer. By the stuff at the AG store. Its cheaper.

Damn it looks like your temps don't get above freezing for 90 days straight in winter!!. Do you have some special window panes and extra insulation to get through those months? Nice house btw enjoy and congrats!!

Thanks !!!!!!!!
Bought four more pepper plants today, its not official plating season yet here. Pricing out poly already for the tunnels :) non say UV protected so have to ask in the store. Checked paint prices today as well :)
Chewi, The front  of the house has a closed porch, so its a nice greenhouse in their, can make shelves for pots, it faces south, and the future polly tunnels I can get a bit of a break from the cold :)

Back