• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Capsicum frutescens

Those short, wide pods look more like an annuum than a frutescens to me. Good pics of the flower would help with a positive ID. But it really looks like an annuum to me.

BlackFatalii said:
Those short, wide pods look more like an annuum than a frutescens to me. Good pics of the flower would help with a positive ID. But it really looks like an annuum to me.
I really want to agree with this, also. But either that picture is blurry as hell, or I need my eyes checked. :D

That's pretty cool, you don't see a lot of upwards growing Annuums. That would earn it a vote towards frutescens from me, but the leaves are like my annuums so... 

I got nothing I guess lol.

grahamsprodigy said:
That's pretty cool, you don't see a lot of upwards growing Annuums. That would earn it a vote towards frutescens from me, but the leaves are like my annuums so... 

Fresno Peppers (C. Annuum)

14077030113_47ddfc9044_z.jpg

gepard0 said:
I was told that this chilli paper is capsicum frutescens, but I'm not so sure.

Do anyone know for sure?

Thanks

https://ibb.co/eLofqk
https://ibb.co/gfjQO5

according to the photos, it looks more like an Annum but i'm not sure anyway.

grahamsprodigy said:

i have a lot of upwards growing Annuums.   e.g. explosive ember, poinsettia, medusa, ... blah blah blah

34598693551_3673059d06_b.jpg

There is little difference between frutescens and annum

"Flowers are white with a greenish white or greenish yellow corolla, and are either insect- or self-pollinated. The plants' berries typically grow erect; ellipsoid-conical to lanceoloid shaped. They are usually very small and pungent, growing 10–20 millimetres (0.39–0.79 in) long and 3–7 millimetres (0.12–0.28 in) in diameter.[SIZE=11.2px] [/SIZE]Fruit typically grows a pale yellow and matures to a bright red, but can also be other colors"

Back