• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

what am I missing here?

Edmick

Staff Member
Extreme Member
What is everyones thoughts with these aleppo plants? I try not to over water and i fertilize weekly and flush well before next application. They get get about 6.5 to 7 hours of sun per day. Thoughts?

Those burned leaf edges might indicate too much fertilizer. I use a light blue Miracle-Gro feed every three weeks. And, our soil here in Tucson is alkaline, so a little chelated iron is added to the solution.

All those leaves are old though and that started to occur when i was only using organic fert. I just recently switched to an inorganic fert about 2 weeks ago and all the new growth on the top is a result of that. Should i just keep doing what I'm doing since the new growth seems to be healthy?

Good to know. They actually have been doing better since switching to this formula. I was using earth juice organic liquid fert and was not happy with it. Poor results and my dogs kept digging in my planters after using it. But any other suggestions on inorganic fert would be appreciated. I dont like the selection at the local big box stores and all the hydro stores are full of too many choices. I live in southern california where weed is legal now so theres hydro shops all over and its difficult trying to find a good fert.

I actually contacted the company that makes the fert and they recommended an every 7 to 10 day feeding schedule. I already wasted 25 bucks on the organic fert that i hate and another $30 for the new one so I'd rather not waste any more money so if someone can just point me in the direction of a good fert i will be forever indebted to you.

Hi Edmick,
I would recommend moving them to a bigger pot, to allow for room at the top of the pot. Then I would top dress with a premium compost and then either leaves, straw, chips or some other mulch to keep the moisture in

I used "organic" fertilizers in the past but they were no good.
The other option is the opposite and using the hydro nutrients in a DWC set-up and ditching the "soil" 

Thanks for the advice. All my other peppers are in large pots. The ones pictured were meant to be giveaways then i started noticing the problems and i dont want to give them away until theyre in good shape. I'm like alot of people on here, and i see my plants like pets and i usually end up changing my mind when it comes to giving them away. Lol

Back