• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Possible pests?

Hybrid_Mode_01 said:

Have a beer! (Leaf miners aren't known for doing extensive damage.) I wouldn't worry about it unless you're seeing lots of damage to your plants.
Thank god. I trimmed the leaf immediately. Could it transfer to another plant?

Bluteid said:
Thank god. I trimmed the leaf immediately. Could it transfer to another plant?

You'd have to try really hard to get that to happen. What you're seeing on that leaf (if it is indeed leaf miner damage - it may also me sunscald...) is a tunnel that a tiny fly larva has excavated between the top and bottom cuticles of the leaf. They burrow around the leaf, eating it, until it has had enough and grows into an adult fly. Now that the leaf has been removed, the larva will die with the leaf.
     There may be more of them around your garden, but again, if you're not seeing tons of damage on your plants, you have nothing to worry about.

So you say sun scald and that made me think. Here is what I am running:

Two inside 5 gallon DWC with the following parameters:

5.5~ PH
700 PPM nutes on the plant that is affected
900 PPM nutes on the other.

I just got a new light for the one affected. Way stronger than my last.

What is sun scalding?

Leaf miner mortal enemy pure need oil none of these extracts 1tbs and 1tbs of cheap dish soap in 2qt of water mix well then use as foliar spray. Rinse after 40 mins by no means leave that dish soap on your plants.

Back