• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Fertilizer question after tons of rain

We've had a ton of rain (more to come also) and some of my plants are going yellow.  If I add a layer of composted manure on top of the soil, will that do anything?  I'm thinking when I do water them, they'll get some nutrients.  Open to any suggestions here.  The soil mix I used should be great but with so much rain, I am thinking it may have been washed out.  Thanks.

Also, going to put a big tarp up over them tomorrow that I can put up/take down easily to avoid this in the future.  A little rain is fine but we've been flooded this spring.

Go to Wal-Mart or a drug store and pick up a bag or carton of Epsom salt. Mix 2-3 tablespoons to a gallon and pour at the base. Also add to a pump up sprayer and use as a foiler

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BSH
rebman2005 said:
Go to Wal-Mart or a drug store and pick up a bag or carton of Epsom salt. Mix 2-3 tablespoons to a gallon and pour at the base. Also add to a pump up sprayer and use as a foiler

I'm sorry foliar spray. Its like an instant shot of magnesium

Here's a good piece of info that was given to me.
9dcca02d7b892c2f66a31b51f2131073.jpg

BSH said:
We've had a ton of rain (more to come also) and some of my plants are going yellow.  If I add a layer of composted manure on top of the soil, will that do anything?  I'm thinking when I do water them, they'll get some nutrients.  Open to any suggestions here.  The soil mix I used should be great but with so much rain, I am thinking it may have been washed out.  Thanks.

Also, going to put a big tarp up over them tomorrow that I can put up/take down easily to avoid this in the future.  A little rain is fine but we've been flooded this spring.
how much rain ?  Bout betting thats your problem , just need to dry out . Hang tight they'll be fine ,      :party:

At least you don't have a chocolate bhutlah in a 5 gallon bucket that wasn't doing to well and noticed water puddling on the surface of your soil and noticed you didn't drill holes in the bottom of the bucket :) yep that was me

rebman2005 said:
At least you don't have a chocolate bhutlah in a 5 gallon bucket that wasn't doing to well and noticed water puddling on the surface of your soil and noticed you didn't drill holes in the bottom of the bucket :) yep that was me

I have a chocolate bhutlah SM finally taking off in a 3 gallon, but then I thought, "3 gallons is not good enough for this pepper!".  I'll upsize it to a 5 or 7 gallon in a month or so.  Good thing you figured out you had no holes in that bucket lol.

Two of my chocolate bhutlah SM in a 22 gallon tote (the tote got cut out while taking the pic from my bedroom window) go na try and do some crossing with it. Want to try it with my yellow moruga and my apocalypse red
562d0e76441557f92c809f8343332384.jpg

Omg you won't be disappointed. I had a reaper in a 22 gal tote last year. I'm 6'5 and it was over my shoulders

moruga welder said:
how much rain ?  Bout betting thats your problem , just need to dry out . Hang tight they'll be fine ,      :party:
We've had maybe 2 sunny days in the last 10 and in the 10 day forecast, 6 more days of rain.  The one day alone we had 30-40mm.  Been very rain heavy around here - lake Ontario is so full, the beach has disappeared near my house.

I compost on top of garden every year before I plant this I used manure this year mushroom compost year before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back