• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzys small break from brewing 2017

Well, it's that time again. I actually didn't sow a single seed this year :(. I had way too much last year and honestly brewing is my number 1 hobby now. So I'm taking it a bit easier this year.

Still have these over winters.

I plan to sow seeds again next season, but this year I just couldn't find the motivation, not too mention we're are always crazy busy with my kids competitive swimming.

Anyway, I did manage to get planted for this season. Tomatos, cucumbers, plenty of jalapeños, bells, and some habs.

I still have room for a few more rows. I ordered some plants from Refining to fill those in.

The soil is looking killer. The last 2 seasons of compost added have really helped.

The black matting I put down worked out great too. At the end of the season, I just pulled it off and used the back of the rake to knock off any of the left over weeds. So I used it again today.

Also got a twine line for my Columbus hop plant. Hopefully I can get it to grow well and produce so I can use some in beer.

Also scored this planter at Sams the other day. We're going to load it up with herbs on the deck. Fresh herbs are my favorite.

Well, I'll update it again once I get the rest of the plants settled in. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck to everyone this season. I know I can't wait to get some fresh pods.

Welcome to the 2017 season, Scott!

Your garden looks great - full of cool plants, especially
the OWs.  They look like great specimens.

Good luck going forward, buddy!

Finally got the straw down to keep the dirt from splattering up. Also got all the plants from Refining Chiles in too. I'll have to put a list together so I can keep track.

The plants are all looking pretty good so far. Everything has really stretched out. Not sure about 2 of the over winters. My Bublegum7pot didn't have very good roots when I pulled it out of the pot to plant it. It really hasn't formed any new shoots. The choc bhut is pretty scrawny as well.

Things are shaping up for you, Scott.  That will be
a forest in a month or two!  

A little PK booster of some kind might help those
OWs get  some more root development going.  

PaulG said:
Things are shaping up for you, Scott.  That will be
a forest in a month or two!  

A little PK booster of some kind might help those
OWs get  some more root development going.  
Thanks. I have some root boost ferts I may put on them now that you mention that.

Back