• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor 7-Pot Jonah taste test

My favorite 7 Pot pepper, pods are really hot and the plants are big producers.  They have a strong chinense taste so they are a great sauce pepper, excited for this season growing 8 Jonah plants this year.

ako1974 said:
Thanks for the review! So you think the best use is in salsa? By your review, it would add heat, but no significant amount of fruitiness?

I add these to Salsa, I make hot sauce with them, and I especially love the Jonah in powder form to sprinkle on my food.  My neighbor who is of Vietnamese ancestry especially likes the Jonah crushed up and mixed with fish sauce to put on his food. 

I'll take a Jonah over a Reaper any day of the week to be honest. 

ako1974 said:
Thanks for the review! So you think the best use is in salsa? By your review, it would add heat, but no significant amount of fruitiness?
Thanks for watching! Some folks who try them report tasting more fruitiness than I did. Could have been my tastes were off, or just that particular pod was different. I'm sure they vary some. I think as long as you like the 7-Pot flavor, it would be great in salsa, sauce, powders,etc... I would start small, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 piece cut up in a pint worth of salsa and see where that gets you, then you could add more if needed.

Back