• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow Aji Amarillo??

I wish to enter the Southern hemisphere growdown , Aji Amarillo , but all the local vendors are "sold out".
Except one, Livingseeds .
But it's Yellow ??

Is it a Aji Amarillo?
aji-amarillocontainer-gardening_10147_250x250.jpg

Here is a picture of their Aji lemon.
aji-lemoncontainer-gardening_10148_220x220.jpg

Thank you , yes looks quite different.
Looks like an amazing plant and peppers , just not available on the " dark continent ".

Thegreenchilemonster said:
That's a lemon drop/aji pineapple/aji lemon. C. Baccatum, like the Aji Amarillo, but completely different size, shape, and flavor.

Despite the name, aji amarillo are actually orange when fully ripe. Here is a pic of one of my aji amarillo plants from last Summer. The plants and pods are quite large.

That's a beautiful plant! Pods look great. I'm growing a Queen Laurie this year. From pics I've seen, the QL pods look a lot like the Aji Amarillo except the ends are blunt instead of pointy. Have you heard anything about those? That plant you had was loaded.

Peter S said:
That's a beautiful plant! Pods look great. I'm growing a Queen Laurie this year. From pics I've seen, the QL pods look a lot like the Aji Amarillo except the ends are blunt instead of pointy. Have you heard anything about those? That plant you had was loaded.
I've never heard of the Queen Laurie before, but upon doing some googling, it definitely looks like shorter blunt ended aji amarillo.

Peter S said:

Queen Laurie tastes awesome! Things take FOREVER to ripen, but it is worth it.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
That's a lemon drop/aji pineapple/aji lemon. C. Baccatum, like the Aji Amarillo, but completely different size, shape, and flavor.

Despite the name, aji amarillo are actually orange when fully ripe. Here is a pic of one of my aji amarillo plants from last Summer. The plants and pods are quite large.

Where do you get tomato cages that tall Dale? 

Back