• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Jun 12] What are you working on this week?

I did some summer pruning on my fruit and citrus tree's, blueberries, raspberries and most all my peppers are fruiting. I've been harvesting tomatoes as well this week.  :)

It's almost winter here in the south hemisphere. Good news is I can grow peppers the whole year because where I live never goes below 50°F. I'm just slowly growing my seedlings both outdoors and indoors and taking care of my last year's chocolate and red habaneros. they're looking great!

And I can't decide if I'll let those habaneros bloom or if I'll pluck the flowers out. I think it will take too long for the pods to ripe in winter

Strangely, watering my garden...

Made black bean burgers that were really good but could have been spicier. Made garlic scape pesto with cashews. Potting up young figs that are growing like mad.

Got rid of the aphids on 2 tomato plants with a reaper powder/soap spray.

Heat wave has arrived so some plants like the cukes in containers need watering twice a day. Peppers are loving it though.

I bought more dried wakame and kombu to continue testing homemade kelp extracts. It was on sale at the Korean market yesterday.

I need a haircut. Im getting too old for this hippie head and long hair kinda sucks during the summer. :D

finishing a 25 page report for a study on changing the practice in a dialysis home unit, for home peritoneal dialysis patients, by changing and increasing exchange technique education to reduce episodes of peritonitis, through experimental design, good stuff.

One of the guys on a local hunting board wanted some lemon drops. Turns out he also has bee hives and sells local honey too. Im trying to work out a way to get a bee colony in the backyard even if its in a tree hollow just for pollinators. Saw my first honey bees here today so maybe a few followed him from his place. :D

Back