•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

Drip irrigation system design and install

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Peter S

Peter S

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

I made some videos to show how I made my drip system. Part 1 is and overview and illustration. Part 2 shows the system and how to install connectors and emitters. Edit - I redid the videos, as I left out some important info in the first ones. The updated versions are below.

Edited by Peter S, 17 June 2017 - 06:25 PM.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Grass Snake

Grass Snake

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for sharing this video. You gave me some ideas for the drip system I'll be installing in my garden beds this year.

Personally, I'll eat a pig's ass if they cook it right.   -CB4-

#3 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Great video.

I do it very similar. I run a T off the mainline and then another T at the plant. At the plant I do it alittle different. I use this

IMG_8250.PNG

And make a circle with 5 of the emitters that go around the plant. I tried the emitters that you have, but I wound up with dry spots. I found that the circle gave me better coverage and the watering time was less because of the 5 emitters. Here is a picture, not a great one but you can kind of see what I am describing.

IMG_8245.JPG

I added a fertilizer injector this year too. Nothing as fancy as yours, just one of the EZ-Flow ones.

I really like the drip irrigation as you can really customize it to your individual needs. Your video shows how easy it is too.

#4 Grass Snake

Grass Snake

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:50 PM

I hope to get my Irrigation license in Texas one day so I can offer to install these systems for my customers. So many people are asking me about drip irrigation lately. Around here our soil expands and contracts so viciously, drip irrigation is being used to keep the soil around slab foundations watered, preventing damage to foundations..

Personally, I'll eat a pig's ass if they cook it right.   -CB4-

#5 Peter S

Peter S

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for sharing this video. You gave me some ideas for the drip system I'll be installing in my garden beds this year.

Thanks Grass Snake for watching. Hope it was helpful.

#6 Peter S

Peter S

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

Great video.

I do it very similar. I run a T off the mainline and then another T at the plant. At the plant I do it alittle different. I use this

attachicon.gifIMG_8250.PNG

And make a circle with 5 of the emitters that go around the plant. I tried the emitters that you have, but I wound up with dry spots. I found that the circle gave me better coverage and the watering time was less because of the 5 emitters. Here is a picture, not a great one but you can kind of see what I am describing.

attachicon.gifIMG_8245.JPG

I added a fertilizer injector this year too. Nothing as fancy as yours, just one of the EZ-Flow ones.

I really like the drip irrigation as you can really customize it to your individual needs. Your video shows how easy it is too.

That's a great idea, that's for sharing that!

#7 CountChocHab

CountChocHab

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Nice looking plants peter!
Growing for fun for the fun of growing!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests