• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Amazon to buy Whole Foods

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
I'd imagine this is part of the expansion of Amazon's current grocery store no check out concept Go.  Having WF already well appointed and established locations & joining them with the already powerful Amazon distribution network makes a lot sense for Go.  Get yer Amazon shares now, soon it will be the Buy & Large from Walle...

^
That one is bound to make some people mad and cry monopoly.

The Hot Pepper said:
^
That one is bound to make some people mad and cry monopoly.
Unless I read it wrong....just do not log into their Wifi. I don't think I ever log into a stores Wifi while shopping.

Good point. Plus, sometimes patents are filed for protection but never used. So now Wal-Mart can't do this. Boom.

100%. Amazon is pretty smart. The should realize the reason people actually go to Whole Foods. If they start stocking it with crap food, and have a Whole Foods-like section, fail. Every other market.

The similar model would be, when Kellogg's bought Kashi. Don't mess with it, as they didn't.

The Hot Pepper said:
100%. Amazon is pretty smart. The should realize the reason people actually go to Whole Foods. If they start stocking it with crap food, and have a Whole Foods-like section, fail. Every other market.
I agree. I think they will let them operate as is, but somehow offer delivery service through Prime. The one good thing about Amazon is that they will let them continue to operate at a loss...atleast for awhile.

But prob not near WF... but I do know about the bread and the way people in FL shop there for that reason... and the deli sammies on that bread instead of stopping by Subway...

The Hot Pepper said:
But prob not near WF... but I do know about the bread and the way people in FL shop there for that reason... and the deli sammies on that bread instead of stopping by Subway...
The Publix subs are killer. Bread's fresh AF, and the sliced meat turns over really quickly, and they have a good condiment arsenal, along with all the produce. Then, they're cheap too. Brings people in ... priced like lost leader.

Back