• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Carolina Reaper leaves curling, breaking off and looking burned

Hello guys, i have a problem with my plant since i left it to someone for a week. The symptoms are various. As i said the leaves are curling down(but that happened before too), some of them have a weird burn, some look fine and i think i could break all the leaves off with close to no effort at all. Up until recently the pot the plant was 2 times smaller than the one it is in right now and one day before the leaves started falling off i gave it 10-10-10 fertilizer. I also learned that during the time the plant was at my friend's it was somehow away from sunlight. Here is a link with some pictures of the plant: http://imgur.com/a/22slT I was hoping you could give me some tips or show me to the place which has the answer to my problem. Thank you!

Looks a bit like nitrogen lacking, but it could just as easily be overwatering. Just let it sit for a week and see if it improves.

I agree with cruzzfish, could be a lot of things but you can easily imagine that your friend may have over-watered and not given enough sun.

On the plus side, its the perfect size to top! if you lop the top off under the first branches, all of the axial buds right where your leaves used to be will grow new branches.

Keep her in the sunlight

Back