• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Coheed196's 2017 Grow

So, I'm late in starting my glog but with 2 youngsters running around, it's hard to find time to do anything. I don't have any pictures of the plants at germination stage or transplanting or anything like that but I'll try to give you a quick run down.

Germinated seeds in a peat moss/coco coir mix back in early March. Once they sprouted I moved them into solo cups with holes in the bottom under the T5's. From there they went into 1 gallon pots and now most are in 7 gallon root pouches and a few are in 5 gallon root pouches. Using Pro-mix with some kelp meal and compost added. Anyways here's some pictures of the plants as of a week or so ago.

I'll have to go out when it stops raining and get my whole grow list written down.

Thanks for looking,
Vincent

peppamang said:
Awesome! How are the fabric pots working out for you? 

Oh I love the fabric pots. I use Root Pouches instead of the Smart Pots, they are quite a bit cheaper and from everything I've seen, last just as long.

Juligris said:
Your fabric pot plants look better than mine! I guess they are a little older. Awesome grow! More pics!
This is the third season I've used these same pots. So those are 3 yrs old. From what I've read online, to help them last longer, wash them out after your season ends and let them dry for a day or two and then roll them up and store inside.

Nice looking plants. I still remember the moruga bbg7 seeds I won from you 5 or 6 years ago. That was a cool plant and I spread them all across the US. Hundreds of growers enjoy its flavor and special heat. Welcome back nabor.

FreeportBum said:
Do you ever talk with silversurfer anymore? if so does he still grow peppers? cheers 
I have tried calling him 5 or 6 times over the past 12-18 months and never got an answer. I only had his landline # (if he even had a cell phone, he was in his 60s if I had to guess.) There wasn't an answering machine to leave a message either.

I have actually moved much closer to him (about 45 minutes away) and am planning on driving out to his house to see if he still lives there and if he's alive and kicking. Last time I saw him he had been having some back trouble and surgeries so I hope he is doing well. Depending on the severity he may not be able to grow anymore, I dunno.

coheed196 said:
I have tried calling him 5 or 6 times over the past 12-18 months and never got an answer. I only had his landline # (if he even had a cell phone, he was in his 60s if I had to guess.) There wasn't an answering machine to leave a message either.

I have actually moved much closer to him (about 45 minutes away) and am planning on driving out to his house to see if he still lives there and if he's alive and kicking. Last time I saw him he had been having some back trouble and surgeries so I hope he is doing well. Depending on the severity he may not be able to grow anymore, I dunno.
cool well let us know if he's still alive!  the last time I spoke with him he sent me this epic box of peppers with over 50 varieties and I haven't heard from him since. Cheers 

Just a few random pictures from the other day

Got this red bhut from Walmart actually

And also I went out and wrote down my grow list. So here's everything I have growing this year.

MA Daisy Cutter
BOC
Pimenta Leopard
Fatalii white
7 Pot Lava Red
Kraken Scorpion
CGN 21576 - C. Annuum v. Cerasiforme
Chocolate Bhutlah
Bhutlah Red X
CAP 1366 - C. Annuum (Peru)
CAP 220 - C. Baccatum v. Pendulum
Red Bhut
Brazil Ghost brown

Starting to get a few ripe pods here and there but once I get enough, I'll be selling some mixed boxes here on the forum.
Thanks for looking,
Vincent

Back