Hello from Washington State

Hi THP,

I've always been a spicy foods fan but I've stepped it up a few notches over the last year or two. This is my first year trying to grow peppers. I've got italian pepperocinis, jalapenos,red,yellow and chocolate reaper growing, I also have chocolate morugas and yellow fatalis as well. I'm having a hard time being patient and wait for everything to ripen but I suppose the just part of the deal. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Thanks and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

hello and welcome. i share your pain... i have like a dozen thai dragons laughing at me from one of my plants because they know i cant pick them yet.

dub_sauces said:
hello and welcome. i share your pain... i have like a dozen thai dragons laughing at me from one of my plants because they know i cant pick them yet.

I have pepperocini and jalapeno pods that are still ripening but no superhots. My morugas and reapers are flowering but no pods. I'm nursing a couple plants back to health after they got major over watering due to a couple rain storms last week. They look ok in the shade but wilt when in direct sunlight.

FITN said:
I have pepperocini and jalapeno pods that are still ripening but no superhots. My morugas and reapers are flowering but no pods. I'm nursing a couple plants back to health after they got major over watering due to a couple rain storms last week. They look ok in the shade but wilt when in direct sunlight.
Yeah only 3/4s of my hots are fruiting, and my superhots have a ways to go... Good luck with your nursing, i lost a bunch of plants to the 30mph winds last week so i know what you are going through.

So far this I have only lost one plant. I had a Hungarian Hot Wax pepper that was doing great until my dog decided he was going to regularly "water" it for me. I didn't know he was doing it until it was to late.

FITN said:
So far this I have only lost one plant. I had a Hungarian Hot Wax pepper that was doing great until my dog decided he was going to regularly "water" it for me. I didn't know he was doing it until it was to late.
Gross. You are probably better off with that one dead...

Back