• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Goatsweed...How Many Pods Per Node?

I'm growing Goatsweed for the first time and it FINALLY has some buds on it after a late topping. I know C. Annuums usually (or always) have one pod per node, but I've had bells in the past with multiple. I just noticed some of the nodes of my Goatsweed have 2 buds. Maybe it just hasn't grown out yet and there are 2 nodes there?? Or maybe it's normal for this variety. Does anybody know?

DX7mwZO.jpg

I havent grown them in a few years, its very hard to remember.  I do remember the first year production was poor, I overwintered plant and second year I had pods out the yinyang! 

I hope yours does better than mine first season, cheers!

hogleg said:
I've seen that many times in my goatsweed.

Usually only happens in the earliest couple blooms and then all the rest are one per node.

:cheers:
Thank you very much, Hogleg! That's very interesting to know. So now I know I can't depend on bud-per-node-count when trying to distinguish species at the nursery. (They don't always label correctly). This plant is turning into a favorite of mine. Thanks again for the seeds, Hogleg!

Back