• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

frakking rodents

I have a rodent zapper that is just big enough for a chipmunk...How do i know....wellll...i aint saying. :D

zapper_u.jpg

I have a Benelli Nova that has dispatched more chipmonks than most will see in their lifetimes. The bastiges eat my chokecherries before they're even ripe--Can't compete with that. So they die.

The Robins and Cedar Waxwings can clean a bush in a day, but at least with them it's a race when the cherries are ripe. I got no problem with honest, healthy competition, and the birds don't seem to like peppers....

I have robins eating my black rasberries and wineberries. They keep geting stuck in the deer netting and im half tempted to just leave them there as a warning to others.

I flooded out a mouse/vole thing that was tunneling in my small raised bed and killed a pingtang! So satisfying killing that guy. 

While drinking tea and looking at my garden this morning through the bay window, I noticed a nice-sized rabbit in my yard. Which is unusual, because there haven't been many in the 12 years I've lived here. Preemptive strike or wait to determine if there's any damage?

dub_sauces said:
I have robins eating my black rasberries and wineberries. They keep geting stuck in the deer netting and im half tempted to just leave them there as a warning to others.

Robins are weird. I was once totally baffled that a couple beds of onion starts were failing miserably. I couldn't tell what was going on. By chance one day I watched a robin land in a bed and literally pull the baby onions out of the ground, one by one.

Back