Hello from Barcelona, Spain.

Hello to all from sunny & hot Barcelona.  
I'm new here, and relatively new to growing.
I'm taking advantage of my new garden / outdoor space to try my hand at growing some super, and not-so-super hots.
I germinated seeds back in April and now have 13+ separate plants comprised of:

Carolina Reaper Chocolate
7-Pod Jigsaw
Habanero Lemon
Early Jalapeño
(all purchased online from http://www.pepperseeds.eu)

I've got some questions and concerns ... and I'm sure you all can help me out...
I transplanted all to their final pots (similar to 5-gal buckets) about 2-3 weeks ago ... and now my plants are really taking off ... albeit a bit slower than I expected.
My main concerns are whether or not to leave them in FULL DIRECT SUNLIGHT 

Whoops! I posted before I finished ... then I couldn't edit my post .... so here's the continuation....

1.  FULL SUN or SEMI SHADE?
2.  PINCH BUDS or NO? (my plants are ALL only about 8-10 inches tall ... and are starting to branch, and spread ....but are not as tall as I had imagined/expected)

Last year I crowded a bunch of cayenne plants into a couple of pots and grew them in the same place in full sunlight ... even though I had 5-6 plants in each pot, they all produced good fruit ... but I noticed some sever POT-BOUND conditions when I cleaned the pots in early winter ...

I just want to avoid stupid mistakes to try to get a maximum yield from these plants ... I'm sure you can all give me some great help....

Thanks in advance.
Hasta pronto!

Barcelona-hot.

d9MZCU0.gif

:welcome:

1. You can leave them on direct sun but they may not be able to handle it so be prepared to move them back to semi-shade, it depends on their strenght.
2. As you have started later this season you can leave the buds on.

Back