• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's Wrong with my Peppers?

I had a pretty late start this season - I began germinating my seeds mid June and have a couple nice plants. 

Unfortunately these Farmer's Market Jalapeños were light-deprived before I could bring them outside, and now they look like this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1A8Qc

It's been about 90-100 every day for the past two weeks, and I make sure to water them every day, though the top of the soil will visibly dry out between watering. 

Any suggestions? 

As you said yourself, they didn't have enough light so they got leggy.
there is nothing wrong with them. just put a stake to hold them standing and let it grow

Thanks for the quick replies folks!

They seem like they're limp all over, even with the dirt I mounded around for support.

Do the leaves look normal? They just seem all around droopy to me.

They seem fine. I take it your only an
Bout 3/4 weeks on from them going into a big pot? If so they will be establishing their roots first. A bit of shade wouldn't hurt if it's that hot.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Farmer's Market Jalapenos tends to be leggy. There is nothing wrong with that.  According to your photo, leaves curl up.  I would check the root first. There could be problem of excessive heat together with extreme humidity level. If there is too much humidity level in soil, there is a chance that you also over fertilize your pepper seedling.  

monitor your plant closely everyday,  don't let the leaves turn yellow.   over watering + over fertilizing will be disaster.

Back