• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper ID Help

M1lZU33.jpg

1DOXPKB.jpg

It's...

a pepper  :P

Okay, yes my reply seems like a smartarse answer, but if you will allow me to explain why...

Each year i see several posts similar to this one asking to identify a pepper.
Each time i see these posts i feel the same.

If you had mixed up your seeds, but knew it could be one of x number of peppers that you planted. It could then be easier to give an educated guess as to which pepper it might be.

But, and here is where my opinion makes me generally not even want to take a guess as to what it might be...

I feel that answering these; what pepper is this ? pepper ID ? type questions, eventually leads to more misidentification  :confused:

Say for example (you think you have X pepper, however you actually have something similar, but it's really a mutt hybrid with who knows what pepper) this happens
If someone were to say; "oh it looks like an x pepper" and you then identified it as such, because it fit most of those characteristics and someone else agreed with you that it looked like that. But it was in fact an unknown hybrid and you continue to pass on and share seeds of this...
You see where this can cause only further confusion down the line.

In conclusion, I think it looks like a healthy pepper plant, and you should tell us what you think it taste like when the pods are ripe :D

I hope i don't sound like to much of a smartass, I am really only trying to help.

:cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
It's...

a pepper  :P

Okay, yes my reply seems like a smartarse answer, but if you will allow me to explain why...

Each year i see several posts similar to this one asking to identify a pepper.
Each time i see these posts i feel the same.

If you had mixed up your seeds, but knew it could be one of x number of peppers that you planted. It could then be easier to give an educated guess as to which pepper it might be.

But, and here is where my opinion makes me generally not even want to take a guess as to what it might be...

I feel that answering these; what pepper is this ? pepper ID ? type questions, eventually leads to more misidentification  :confused:

Say for example (you think you have X pepper, however you actually have something similar, but it's really a mutt hybrid with who knows what pepper) this happens
If someone were to say; "oh it looks like an x pepper" and you then identified it as such, because it fit most of those characteristics and someone else agreed with you that it looked like that. But it was in fact an unknown hybrid and you continue to pass on and share seeds of this...
You see where this can cause only further confusion down the line.

In conclusion, I think it looks like a healthy pepper plant, and you should tell us what you think it taste like when the pods are ripe :D

I hope i don't sound like to much of a smartass, I am really only trying to help.

:cheers:

Makes sense, I bought this from a local grow shop and they didn't know what it was.  I'm not concerned exactly what It is just wanted a general idea of what I may have.

Back