• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

hot sauce label

Sure, Making Hot Sauce is Fun. So is Growing Your Own Peppers. Why not go one step further? I found a lot of my family and friends requesting bottles of my sauce after trying it, so I figured why not whip up a label to slap on the bottles before I gave them away haha :)

Anyone else do this? Post up photos!

IMG_4199.PNG

IMG_4200.PNG

IMG_4201.PNG

IMG_4202.PNG

I've got a couple more I'm working on for some new ones I've got fermenting right now too ;)

For years I've done a lot of canning in the summer so I can give it away as holiday gifts.  This is going to be my first try at hot sauce.  I've been anxious to get started for a while now, but up here in the Pacific NorthWET, the local peppers won't show up in the farmers markets for another couple of weeks at least.  So while I've waited, I designed some labels.

This one is for a sauce that I'm going to make with tropical fruits (pineapple, starfruit, passion fruit), and some Pacific Rim spices and flavors (ginger, tamarind paste, Szechuan pepper, lemongrass, nutmeg, coriander), and peppers with a fruity flavor (lemon drop habañeros, fatalis, Fresnos).

Hawaiian%20label--single_zps9cdfkbla.jpg

This one is for a fermented Louisiana-style sauce made with cayenne peppers.  I'm making a large batch and dividing it up and trying out  a few ingredients and techniques that sound interesting.  This is the label for the variation that I'll make with peppers I've smoked first.

Mme%20Cayenne%20label--single_zps1ctaudfx.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Crispee I see you have a website. When do you go commercial?
Still more of a hobby thing for me, I don't sell it yet except for friends that want a case or more to cover the cost of the bottles. I may move more toward commercial development soon as everybody I know thinks it would be a great thing. Running 2 companies at the same time will prove challenging to say the least.

Back