• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

f**k this

Im tired of retyping this because i fucking took too long to post it. Deer suck balls, rabbits suck balls, and birds suck balls too. Im going to spend the rest of my summer on my deck with various rifles to shoot at the fuckers who are eating my peppers and tomatoes through double layer of fencing i put up

12-7CM-15-4CM-One-Shot-One-Kill-Vinyl-Decal-Car-font-b-Sticker-b-font.jpg

I hear you. I dont have any deer or rabbits eating my plants but its been a bad year for bugs. Its been a constant battle. So frustrating. Hang in there buddy. I did have a mocking bird that took a liking to my tomatoes one year though. I ended up waiting for him to come again and lit him up with my pellet gun. Never had a problem after that

dub_sauces said:
Im tired of retyping this because i f**king took too long to post it. Deer suck balls, rabbits suck balls, and birds suck balls too. Im going to spend the rest of my summer on my deck with various rifles to shoot at the f**kers who are eating my peppers and tomatoes through double layer of fencing i put up
That stinks dude!
Sounds to me like the deer, rabbit and birds have a keen eye on your tactics. Maybe need to step your game up a bit.
Watch out for the raccoons, they're some smart and sneaky little critters.

Have you tried the beer and bourbon soaked bacon and bread technique?
Works wonders!

HopsNBarley said:
That stinks dude!
Sounds to me like the deer, rabbit and birds have a keen eye on your tactics. Maybe need to step your game up a bit.
Watch out for the raccoons, they're some smart and sneaky little critters.

Have you tried the beer and bourbon soaked bacon and bread technique?
Works wonders!
I have not tried that, nor have i heard of it. Care to enlighten me? Ive trapped and drowned all the raccoons and blasted the squirrels but i cant shoot the deer since my hippie neighbors would literally call the cops on me, and there are just too many birds to bother shooting

If I plan to type a while and timeouts get to be a problem, I open up Wordpad or notepad and edit my text there. Then it is easy to copy it over to somewhere like here.

So you are going to have some meat for your grill to season with your hot peppers.

How to keep deer out of your yard.

Apparently they hate (read: are afraid of) the smell of humans. It seems spreading human hair around your fence might work. You can get that for free at barbers probably.

The thing with deer is, they are scared shitless of humans. So they'll normally only risk eating from a human's garden if they can't find enough food in their own habitat, which ironically is probably the fault of humans. Their favorite foods are acorns and other nuts, woody plants and fruits like apples and blackberries. They'll eat everything if they're hungry enough though, and that makes sense too.

Edit: Rabbits I can't help you with, but for birds we use bird netting draped over the plants.

I had to extend the fence on one of my gardens so it exceeds 6 feet. Since then, the deer have been held at bay. However, now there is a bunny in my yard that can squeeze through my fence. I haven't noticed any damage to any plants yet, but when I first saw it, it could literally fit in a tea cup. I hope either a hawk or Siesta my neighbor's cat takes care of it, before it does any damage.

Good luck with eliminating your pests. Someone above mentioned how people feed deer...some derelict in my general area was feeding bears. This older couple thought it was cute to feed a sow and her cubs. It never amazes me how utterly stupid people can be.

Having read this thread over, I suspect that the deer are not your real pests here; it´s gotta be the neighbors.  (FWIW, no self-respecting hippie thinks it´s a good idea to feed wildlife.)  In any case, you ought to make a deal with the neighbors.  Let´m know that if they don´t feed the deer, you won´t have to shoot the deer.

Bicycle808 said:
Having read this thread over, I suspect that the deer are not your real pests here; it´s gotta be the neighbors.  (FWIW, no self-respecting hippie thinks it´s a good idea to feed wildlife.)  In any case, you ought to make a deal with the neighbors.  Let´m know that if they don´t feed the deer, you won´t have to shoot the deer.
I do hear what you are saying about hippies being useless and never asking permission, but the ones i am referring to are college professors and have slightly more self control than most. They ask if they can pick our berries, or use my giant mulch pile, or use my firewood pile... Doubtful they would abandon the "ask and ye shall recieve" policy just for a few peppers, knowing i have guns and shoot things in the night...

Bicycle808 said:
So i have to ask... What is with your signature? Bad translation?

Back