• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Your only allowed 1.

Here's the situation.

If you were only allowed one single pepper to grow, which one would it be?

Give a reason behind ur selection.

:mouthonfire:

I'd have a very hard time picking between Fatalii, Scotch Bonnet and Naga.

I guess I'd go Naga because it works with a more diverse spread than Fatalii, and it's fruity flavor is awesome.

It'd be something I cannot buy fresh, so I can rule out Cayenne, Thais, Dutch, Habs, Scotch Bonnet, Jalapenos, Pimentos... Probably something really tasty like Champion. Not a hot pepper, I know, but I can buy hot peppers any time as long as my budget allows it.

Any kind of Habanero as I can't buy them over here, actually to be more precise Chocolate, Peach, Orange, Antillais Caribbean and Red Dominica.

Hmmmmm....tough call. I'd have a hard time picking one out of Scotch bonnet, caribbean red, red savina, naga or fatalii. Probably caribbean reds because i'm already growing those and i really like 'em.

I'm growing Caribbean Reds for the first time this year. I'm growing all the others you've mentioned SM and have tasted them all except the Fatalii and Caribbean Red. I can't say really comment on the Red Savina though as the plant was aphid-ridden and the pods were really poor quality.

rainbowberry said:
I'm growing Caribbean Reds for the first time this year. I'm growing all the others you've mentioned SM and have tasted them all except the Fatalii and Caribbean Red. I can't say really comment on the Red Savina though as the plant was aphid-ridden and the pods were really poor quality.

You'll like them. A lot. I found fataliis to have an acquired, but yet very addicting taste. And those c. reds are very fruity flavored and can be pretty mean too. Mine will light you up for 20 to 30 minutes easily.

Blinking Ek! Only one! ok then....I second frenso, great looking pods, meaty flesh, not super duper hot , prolific (I know I'm a wimp!) taste good too!

skealo said:
Here's the situation.

If you were only allowed one single pepper to grow, which one would it be?

Give a reason behind ur selection.

:mouthonfire:

Caribbean Red Habanero

Great flavor, GREAT heat, productive plants, attractive plants, attractive pods.

skealo said:
SM - Do you recommend them because of heat, flavor or combo of both... Or some other reason?

Both. The flavor is awesome, and the heat is insane. As i mentioned before, the ones i've been growing will burn you for a good solid 20 minutes or so. I couldnt believe how hot they are.

I have to agree with the Habs...I really enjoy the Caribbean Red, Red Savina, Orange, Chocolate and Yellow lemon Hab. The tough part would be picking just one to grow. I think it would be a toss up between a Red Caribbean and a yellow lemon Hab.

I think i`d have to agree on the car red.No matter how you have it,,fresh,de hyed or as powder it is the most versatile i`ve found.

Anything more than the Jalepenos we get down here. Its all you can get fresh or dried.

Seeds for a range of varieties is no problem - so in 6 months I should have a much better idea of what I like (Nagas are my new favourite holiday atm)

Back