• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water HELP! Is this from overwatering or excess light or anything else ?

My seedling is now about 3 weeks old, the corner end tip of one of the (4) leaves is turning light green to yellowish, soil is moist (suspecting overwatering), i have fertilized only once (2 weeks ago).
I use led light 6 hours a day and sun 3 hours.
The seedling looks healthy otherwise and the stem started getting a little bit darker, growing not retarded and leaves are not curled .
It is the top not bottom leaf which shows the yellowing that is why im suspecting excessive light.

A picture would really help.

My guess is that the plant is fine and will grow out of it. They rarely look perfect all the time.

You could reduce watering slightly and switch to 100% LED light for a few days and see if it solves the problem. I would also recommend making sure you have some air flow around the plant to keep things from staying too damp. It doesn't need to be a direct fan blowing on it when they are this young, but something indirect at least. You probably don't need to fertilize when the plant is this young either.

Good luck

My guess without seeing a picture would be light but it can also be a sign of too much water. Not usually on the top growth though. Lets see a pic! Welcome to the forum my friend!

Other than heat damage from being too close, I have not known artificial light to harm a plant.  I suppose a person could manage to get brighter than the sun, but wow that would be a lot of electricity.  I can't imagine it is not enough light because I put several plants in a North facing window each year and they do fine.  Not great, but fine.

So, without a picture I am going with over watering despite being on the top.  But also going with what Peter_L said.  At this stage, all sorts of not so perfect things show themselves.  Then they grow out of it.

Back