• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

So it begins,,,

Picked up a few items for my first foray into lacto-fermentation

9c7eed0709652e46b5ac1b2dda687b3b.jpg

Made a batch of Habanero Gold Jelly last night! It turned out great! Sweet heat!

884b3fcef3f8e173a2c62e6975b02ad8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-WELCOME- to THP

did you pick up the fermenting things second hand?  The boxes look dated, but those are cool things to have.  The hab gold jelly looks beautiful.

Have Fun!!!
salsalady

salsalady said:
-WELCOME- to THP

did you pick up the fermenting things second hand?  The boxes look dated, but those are cool things to have.  The hab gold jelly looks beautiful.

Have Fun!!!
salsalady
Yep! All brand new from Amazon. I think they were going for the "Retro" look with their packaging.

salsalady said:
-WELCOME- to THP

Have Fun!!!
salsalady
Instagram filter lol

that smasher-thingy (and I'm sure that is the proper term for it...:lol:) is what's needed for packing kimchee and kraut.

Three quart jars. One is a mix is habs and jalapeños, one is solid habs and the others solid jalapeños. I used about an 8% brine. I put them up high in the cabinet for warmth as well as dark.

How long should I let these go?

02f315db8cc5f5249de4f016330b9a2b.jpg

Awesome looking jars, pantseat, and I like the fact that you are preserving and displaying.  Will be a better option for many around here because you don't pulverize the beauty of the chiles like you do with hot sauce.  Why let those pretty tails and wrinkles go to waste?

Back