• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are you planning to grow next year?

I wanna hear your grow lists and seeds you're looking for!
I'm starting a grow list for next year now and I wanted to get some ideas. No better place to look for nice varieties other than here. I'll start, so far I'm planning on growing...

Aji Jobito
Biquinho
Rezha Macedonian
Black Pearl
P. Dreadie Select
A few pubescens, not sure which yet

Will continue on my Brown Large Scorpion cross (will be F4), the CPR, and it appears that last year I may have had and accidental cross between my BLS and a BBM. A BLS/BBM cross could a killer.

Other than that, I will wait to see if anything new seems interesting.

I'm definitely growing a Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet and either a chocolate hab or Brown Bonnet (PL) or both. BBG7 Cluster, BBG7 Pumpkin, and my 2 crosses (well three...I crossed one this year) are definites.

Bhuter said:
I'm definitely growing a Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet and either a chocolate hab or Brown Bonnet (PL) or both. BBG7 Cluster, BBG7 Pumpkin, and my 2 crosses (well three...I crossed one this year) are definites.

Cap Bonnet sounds nice. Think I might add that! 

Next year will be more peach color heavy and geared towards blistered out pods. Going to OW my favorites and start maybe 30 new ones, max. Will be doing a few of bhuter's F2 7 pot cinders for sure as well as my chocolate bbg7 x big Mustard mama (if it takes). I did a red BBG7 x BMM as well.
I'm going to be looking for as many bbg7 varieties as possible so hopefully Justin White's bbg7 peach Jami turns out. Will be doing his peach bhut WM and Andy's King BOC too. The more peach pods the better.

Bhuter said:
I have a few seeds if you need any.
Thanks a lot Bhuter!
BSH said:
Next year will be more peach color heavy and geared towards blistered out pods. Going to OW my favorites and start maybe 30 new ones, max. Will be doing a few of bhuter's F2 7 pot cinders for sure as well as my chocolate bbg7 x big Mustard mama (if it takes). I did a red BBG7 x BMM as well.
I'm going to be looking for as many bbg7 varieties as possible so hopefully Justin White's bbg7 peach Jami turns out. Will be doing his peach bhut WM and BOC too. The more peach pods the better.

Nice. Hope your crosses take. BOC is great, the peppers are massive and delicious, one of my favorite superhots I've grown. 

Can't wait to put my seeds down in September!

Chinense:
Nagabrains
Peach Bhut P.L. SS
Peach Bhut Wiked Mike SS
White Bhut JW
P. Dreadie SB SS
Fat Baby Morich
Andy King's BOC
Chocolate Habanero

Anuum:
Malih-Helow
Jalapeño Zapotec

Baccatum:
Aji Amarillo
Aji Sugar rush cream
Aji Pineapple

Trying a winter season here.
Starting with a fresh batch of
MOA Scotch Bonnets
Moruga Scorpion
Bahamian Goat Pepper (already in seedling stage)
New Additions:
Freeport Scotch Bonnet
Antillais Red
7 pot Yellow
Aji Pineapple
Aji Cristal
Thai orange
Bali pepper

I'm enjoying my foray into Peruvian cuisine.
Aji Amarillo
Aji Limo Rojo
Hoping to score a Giant Red Rocoto

Bahama Goat Pepper for sure
PapaDreadie (roll the dice again or with new seed from Gary)
Maybe some more Choc Hab for powder.
CGN21500 (giving it another chance, mine was sick this year)

LemonDrop
CherryBomb
BigJim

SB7J
PeachBhut WM

We'll see. My space is pretty limited. I'd like to build myself a raised bed after I built my wife her "real" vegetable garden this year.
I really should just buy a few sfrb to taste these all these peppers rather than grow them to taste for myself. It'd be a lot faster LOL.

I haven't put together a list yet, but I am definitely going to have some Brazilian Starfish and Bishop's Crown. Chocolate Bhut and Brown Moruga will probably be the extent of my supers next year. Aphids killed a lot of the plants that I was really looking forward to growing this year, so I will probably focus on those: Datil, Aji Pineapple, Aji Fantasy, Biquinho, Chinese 5 Color, Ostra Cyklon, and Chocolate Hab.

Jase4224 said:
Can't wait to put my seeds down in September!

Chinense:
Nagabrains
Peach Bhut P.L. SS
Peach Bhut Wiked Mike SS
White Bhut JW
P. Dreadie SB SS
Fat Baby Morich
Andy King's BOC
Chocolate Habanero

Anuum:
Malih-Helow
Jalapeño Zapotec

Baccatum:
Aji Amarillo
Aji Sugar rush cream
Aji Pineapple

Dreadies and BOC are delicious! Hope everything else grows well for ya. I haven't tried anything else you've got on that list but I plan on growing Aji Amarillo at some point. I see people talking about it yet I've still not gotten around to growing it. 

Malarky said:
I'm enjoying my foray into Peruvian cuisine.
Aji Amarillo
Aji Limo Rojo
Hoping to score a Giant Red Rocoto

Bahama Goat Pepper for sure
PapaDreadie (roll the dice again or with new seed from Gary)
Maybe some more Choc Hab for powder.
CGN21500 (giving it another chance, mine was sick this year)

LemonDrop
CherryBomb
BigJim

SB7J
PeachBhut WM

We'll see. My space is pretty limited. I'd like to build myself a raised bed after I built my wife her "real" vegetable garden this year.
I really should just buy a few sfrb to taste these all these peppers rather than grow them to taste for myself. It'd be a lot faster LOL.
Peruvian sounds delicious. I can't say I've ever had any Peruvian cuisine. What's the style revolve around?
I saw that your Dreadies were off pheno. Bummer! You sent me Dreadie seeds and they turned out pretty spot on! Maybe a mix up? 
Just googled CGN 21500, it says c. chinense but it looks like a pubescens. What was wrong with it? 

The raised bed you built looked great by the way.
I did the same thing, I decided to get a SFRB because my new home won't have nearly enough room but the grow list just keeps getting bigger  :rofl:

CMJ said:
I haven't put together a list yet, but I am definitely going to have some Brazilian Starfish and Bishop's Crown. Chocolate Bhut and Brown Moruga will probably be the extent of my supers next year. Aphids killed a lot of the plants that I was really looking forward to growing this year, so I will probably focus on those: Datil, Aji Pineapple, Aji Fantasy, Biquinho, Chinese 5 Color, Ostra Cyklon, and Chocolate Hab.
Brazilian starfish and bishop's crown are delicious. They were both one of the first few peppers I grew. Last year I was convinced I was only going to grow 1 super and somehow I wound up with 4 or 5. I can't quit em. Sorry to hear about the aphids. little bastards! 

peppamang said:

Peruvian sounds delicious. I can't say I've ever had any Peruvian cuisine. What's the style revolve around?
I saw that your Dreadies were off pheno. Bummer! You sent me Dreadie seeds and they turned out pretty spot on! Maybe a mix up? 
Just googled CGN 21500, it says c. chinense but it looks like a pubescens. What was wrong with it? 

The raised bed you built looked great by the way.
I did the same thing, I decided to get a SFRB because my new home won't have nearly enough room but the grow list just keeps getting bigger  :rofl: 
Peruvian seems like the definition of Fusion. A mix of indigenous culture, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish. But I am not an expert at all. Dale (TheGreenchilemonster) and a few others on the comida sur americano thread totally tear it up and make me really hungry.

My Dreadie seed stock has some true seed and some crossed apparently. I seeded an entire sfrb and there must have been a few crossed pods in there. Mine are tasty nonetheless. Cgn21500 is totally a dark pigmented chinense with fruit ripening from purple to peach. My plant has just struggled all year from the beginning but i only only got 2 to germ and one damped off.

i will grow

1. black panther orange
2. buena mulata
3. cgn19198
4. desert rocoto
5. felius blue
6. fish pepper
7. numex big jim
8. purple ghost scorpion
9. swiss chocolate

10. thai yellow

Nice, lek. The cgn19198 looks really neat, I think I'll add that to my list as well! I'll have to check back in with you next year about how the desert rocoto did, I heard it's supposed to be more heat tolerant which would be nice for a pubescens. The buena mulata is the purple one from baker's creek right? I saw it today, certainly looks interesting. 

peppamang said:
Nice, lek. The cgn19198 looks really neat, I think I'll add that to my list as well! I'll have to check back in with you next year about how the desert rocoto did, I heard it's supposed to be more heat tolerant which would be nice for a pubescens. The buena mulata is the purple one from baker's creek right? I saw it today, certainly looks interesting. 
That's right. buena mulata is the purple one from baker's creek.  i plan to cross it with something else next year.  :party:   just for fun.

This is my list for next years season

1.Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
2.Pimenta Leopard
3.Bhut Jolokia X Yellow Brain Strain
4.Yellow Trinidad Scorpion
5.Yellow small Pepper
6.SRTSL X BBG7
7.7 Pot Lava Chocolate x BBG7
8.7 Pot Primo Chocolate
9.Bhut Jolokia Chocolate Ghost
10.Bleeding Borg 9 Red
11.Carolina Reaper Chocolate
12.7 Pot Bubblegum Orange
13.Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Yellow
14.Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Chocolate x
15.Trinidad X Strain Variant
16.Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
17.Swamp Thing
18.Bhut Jolokia White Ghost
19.Bhut X Neyde
20.7 Pot Bubblegum Moruga
21.Trinidad Scorpion Moruga UV Chocolate
22.Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Yellow
23.Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
24.Carolina Reaper Yellow
25.Carolina Reaper Red
26.Bleeding Borg 9 Chocolate
27.Bhut Jolokia X Chocolate

Peppamang, I HIGHLY recommend Peach Bhut.. I've grown the Pepper Lover Select version but can't wait to try Wicked Mike's Select also. One of each for me. And yep P. Dreadie SB's are awesome.

For business reasons:
Red MoA Scotch Bonnet
Yellow MoA Scotch Bonnet
Red But Jolokia
Red Carolina Reaper
Peter's Pepper (not happy about it but I have a buyer)

For my own use:
Purple Naga Viper
Red Naga Viper
Arya's Chocolate Viper Naga
White Bird's Eye
Milawe Picanté
Fish Pepper
Peach Sugar Rush
Habanada
Moruga Scorpion x Jigsaw
Not Obeah F4
Probably some Red MoA
Likely a bunch of others

New additions
Aji Melocoton
Sugar Rush Peach
7 Pot Yellow but from another source than CCN.
Scotch Bonnet Yellow....P, Dreadie if i can find the seeds/plants
Biker Billy jalapeno

Returning
Aji Cito
Lemon Drop
Mucho Nacho...Bonnie plants and from my seeds to see if they grow true
Chichimeca jalapeno from my seeds....want to see if they grow true
NuMex Lumbre
Numex 64 or 64 Heritage

On the table
Sandia Select
Thai Giant Orange....still struggling to get ripe pods on the ones i have now
Caribbean Red or Red MOAs
Beni Highlands...loved the production but i may not have room for them next year

Back