• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Perfect Isolation Set Up

Now using a variety of methods.  Mostly two by four frames with agricultural bridal cloth.  My two by fours are rotting out, so I am going to have to do something for next year.  Thinking I want to do something different.  Maybe trim the plants being used for seed stock and then build a covered shelving unit.  Not sure, looking for ideas.

So if you had to isolate a lot of plants from each other, what would you do?

if i had lots of space i would do separate small poly tunnels. 

also  would separate them with space. like 20 ft between each one.

AJ Drew said:
Now using a variety of methods.  Mostly two by four frames with agricultural bridal cloth.  My two by fours are rotting out, so I am going to have to do something for next year.  Thinking I want to do something different.  Maybe trim the plants being used for seed stock and then build a covered shelving unit.  Not sure, looking for ideas.

So if you had to isolate a lot of plants from each other, what would you do?
I'd use metal conduit pipe and a pipe bender to make 3'-6' diameter hoops depending on how big your plants get. Sew those into the bottoms of the tulle bags. Theyll be easier to move and store than wood frames and should last longer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

this year I did cage with metal Wire mesh fence for livestock
7tXOR3V.png

And I envelope them with Protective Netting for Ecological gardening
DJVY2PC.png

Jubnat said:
How big of a frame are you using?

And why not just use pressure treated wood? Though I'm not sure if anything would leach out into the soil in the amount of time you would be using it. Maybe PVC?

And check out this article from NMSU I came across a while back, https://cpi.nmsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/60/2016/06/CageingArticle.full_.pdf

8 x 4 x 4 - Cause I a lazy and that took the least number of cuts.
Why not pressure treated lumber?  Cause I am cheap and lazy.  Had lumber in barn.

Going to use exterior lumber and paint next time.

Back