Fresh pods pricing?

I was wondering what a fair price to charge for fresh pods? I just picked a bunch of chocolate habaneros and I will have a lot of other peppers in the coming weeks. I was thinking of going to a farmers market and selling the peppers. I have already been giving away jalapeños and cayenne peppers and have had requests to buy others when I have them. I have no clue what they would sell for and don't have any other market in my area to go off of.

The only demand thst I have is people telling me that they would love to try certain peppers (especially super hots). I made a freezer jam in March and a lot of people have come forward wanting to buy some of that. I would much rather sell off fresh peppers and have people do what they want with them. I will give a search through the stores to see what they go for. Chances are the hottest pepper I will find, will be habanero peppers.

I was in a local grocery store today. to my surprise, they had ghost peppers, thai chili peppers, habanero, and fresno. The Ghost peppers were in 50gram packages and were going for $7 and the Habanero Peppers were going for $3.50. I forgot to check the weight of the habaneros, but there were 6 decent sized pods in the package.  I was thinking maybe around 60 cents each for the chocolate habaneros (regular-large). I will see what my super hot peppers produce when I get some if I can sell them.

Back