Hello!

Hello everyone,
I would like to start growing some hot peppers, however I have absolutely no experience or knowledge about peppers. I am from Slovakia and I plan to grow them in pots (either inside or outside, depends on what you guys recommend) and I can't decide what types of pepper to grow since there's so many of them. I would like to have some type of jalapeno and habanero. Can you please give me any tips on what types are best in flavour and which are not insanly hard to grow considering my conditions and climate?
Thank you very much for answering! :)

:welcome: any Habanero should be ok for you to start with, I like the Red and Yellow ones even though my Orange were probably more productive.

FFMZ9PR.gif

First is I'd recommend you temper your enthusiasm. Nothing discourages newbies more than failure & rushing in guarantees this.

Next is your location, please advise your zone from this map.> Slovakia Plant Hardiness Zone Map This has a great influence on advice.

My advice is growing indoors is very difficult. My thoughts are plan for a spring 2018 planting?

Last piece of initial advice is look around at garden centers in your area and online for Potting Media. Do not call it soil, soil is the stuff in the ground that grass grows in. When used in pots it becomes a black mass of concrete that plants die in, IMO.

Chat more later!

Back