•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

First Yellow Leaf to appear on Ghost

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 browndd1

browndd1

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • aka:Ky Master Gardener

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

I have been growing this plant for months and have never had one yellow leaf appear:

AZfs3AQ.jpg

Until now when I gave the plant some compost tea a couple of days ago with reverse osmosis water:

Amu4rx3.jpg

The funny thing is that this is the only yellow leaf on the entire plant.  Any ideas as to what is happening?

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Your plant "appears" healthy...Remember that leaves do naturally turn yellow as they mature, age and prepare to fall off. An occasional yellowing of leaves is nothing to be concerned about. If you do notice your plants leaves yellowing rapidly and en masse then I would worry.

Give your plants the "once over" look under the leaves for s&s of bugs etc,use a mirror as they like to hide on  the backside.

I don't know how large a container that is,if anything maybe an upgrade to the next size?

Otherwise don't loose any sleep over it.Happy Growing. ;)

Frankly,I'm not religious,but I believe in the cause of humanity-doing good work :)

#3 browndd1

browndd1

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • aka:Ky Master Gardener

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Your plant "appears" healthy...Remember that leaves do naturally turn yellow as they mature, age and prepare to fall off. An occasional yellowing of leaves is nothing to be concerned about. If you do notice your plants leaves yellowing rapidly and en masse then I would worry.

Give your plants the "once over" look under the leaves for s&s of bugs etc,use a mirror as they like to hide on  the backside.

I don't know how large a container that is,if anything maybe an upgrade to the next size?

Otherwise don't loose any sleep over it.Happy Growing. ;)

Yes, this plant has been healthy from day 1.  The container is a 5 gallon smart pot.  Not losing any sleep and am very pleased with how this plant has turned out since it is my first attempt at growing a super hot.  This is grown all organic and it has made a believer out of me when it comes to using organic fertilizers rather than synthetic.

#4 BlackFatalii

BlackFatalii

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Your plant looks like it is doing great to me. I wouldn't worry about one older leaf near the base of the plant turning yellow and dropping off. That will happen from time to time. Completely normal.  :)

#5 Mr.CtChilihead

Mr.CtChilihead

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Plant looks fantastic..Like the others have said don't sweat it..

#6 Boris

Boris

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

Yeah, your plant looks awesome!

#7 WindowBoxGardner

WindowBoxGardner

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Nice lookin plant

#8 Edmick

Edmick

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Looks awesome. The leaf is just preparing to drop. The circle of life 👍

#9 Jase4224

Jase4224

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

Totally normal all leaves only last for so long. You will begin to notice that more and more leaves will turn yellow and drop off. If you keep your plant out over winter in a region that gets cold the whole plant may go yellow and growth will grind to a halt. Wait for it to warm up again and after a hard prune it will come back nice and green.

#10 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • aka:Fatknuckle

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Looking good from here.  Carry On!

#11 stankar

stankar

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • aka:stankar

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

Nothing unusual like others said :) Your plant looks fantastic, nice little tree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests