• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintering help and tips?

Hello, my name is Daniel I recently started growing hot peppers this year and have a few I would like to overwinter. The only problem i have is I can't use grow lights where I live, and the only space I have to put my plants are in my closet. I am sorry if this is not the right place to post this topic i just joined. Any help would be appreciated.

:welcome:

You don't need a special grow light. Regular fluorescent lights or CFLs will do.

But yeah, if you are trying to overwinter multiple plants in a small closet space, that could present a problem regarding having enough space for the lights and plants.

You could also cut them way down and force them into dormancy. There is a thread that covers that, and pretty much everything else you need to know about overwintering here:http://thehotpepper.com/topic/25596-the-comprehensive-guide-to-over-wintering/

Thanks for the replies. If I was to cut them way back to force them into dormancy would lights still be required? I do have a sunny window in my room, but my bed is against it and my room is pretty small so I wouldn't have much space for the plants.

Back