• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health At this point I'm ashamed of the topic: What is wrong with this plant?

So I have a bhut plant that is from 2014, and this year I transplanted it into a big mixing bucket. However even though it is flowering and setting pods at the moment, the leaves don't seem to be growing at all. We do have really hot days and cold nights here, but I am not sure that is it. I water it when the bucket gets light enough to pick up, ie I let the soil dry up.

HERE is the album: http://imgur.com/a/nN0Dw
Bonus is a photo of some of my healthy bhutsm

1. pick off the flowers and pods and it will want to grow more
2. did you gradually introduce it into the light? I'm from florida, so need had plants that i had cut back and repotted from out to in to outdoor, but i know not hardening can stunt/slow plant's growth when they're young
3. having a drip system to get consistent water on those hot days rather than watering in the morning and have it evaporate 

I looked up some weather details for Sarajevo.  Your average summer high temps (23-26 deg C) are not exactly hot.  Pretty warm is a better description. The average summer LOWS (12-13 deg C) are actually quite low for a Bhut.

The Bhut Jolokia and most Super Hots are very slow growing. They need a full 4 months of warm days and nights to grow and mature. From what I have researched , the native environment for the Bhut is... an average daytime temp of 30 deg C, and the night time temps are 21 deg C.  Humidity is around 80 percent !

So then, since you can't give the plant the ideal conditions for growth, it will be a very slow grow. The plants in the pictures look healthy enough... just need time :) I would expect that they will produce eventually... but it will take a long time for them to adapt to any changes in environment. You put them in bigger pots, and it will take time for them to adjust to the new pots. Just keep them happy and healthy and you will rewarded..... eventually :)

Jeff

Back