• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Garlic Cucumber Dip (Tzatziki)

For the BBQ session.

Made from scratch, gallon milk, Kefir culture (or yoghurt) . Two days later drain in cheese cloth so its one third volume. Shred cucumbers (four) and let drain. Crush garlic bulb and add some dill and two lemon juice.

T1qNG2L.jpg
xvqXuk0.jpg
qGIRruH.jpg
SqAG1Tr.jpg
f2QWB9J.jpg

I was just about to request this for some of that chicken you posted. ;)

Edmick said:
Can you post an exact recipe for this? I'm really interested in giving it a try.

You don't need a recipe.

Only ingredients.

Its yogurt.

Shredded cucumber. 

Garlic.

Sometimes dill.

Olive oil.

Sometimes lemon juice.

Just throw it.

Taste it.

But you already know this.

I understand the concept of tasting as you go but I was actually asking for the recipe (weights/measurements)  and process that dragonsfire followed.

Used 4L 2% milk, add Kefir culture (or use Yoghurt culture) leave for about three days till starts to separate (depends on how warm the room is).
Then drain over night.
add some Olive oil and lemon juice to make workable and add 1.5 Garlic bulbs Garlic crushed and some Oregano (.5 bulb if want mild garlic taste).
Shred two english cucumbers and let drain for a few hours, add to mix. Use Olive oil to regulate desired thickness.

Is it bad that I want to splotch gobs of that on flat bread and scarf it?
But then again I eat cheese and crackers and hot sauce for snacks about every other day.

Back