I'm a bit disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lurked for months and finally joined. I am far from an expert on pepper growing and types.  I've been lucky to have a climate and growing location that is very favorable to peppers.   I posted , asking for help with a few mysteries and am totally disappointed that the experts here have not at least helped a small bit..

Sometimes its a timing thing.

You may have missed the peak times when people that could help were on, then its gets shuffled to the bottom of new topics and gets missed.

Also it may look like an unidentifiable cross and people don't want to speculate and give you the wrong idea.

I hope you have better luck in the future.

It's not on us if you expected people to know exactly what those peppers are.

I saw all topics you created but I had no clue. So many similar looking peppers that I can't put a finger on. 

I'm here for a while so I'm pretty sure that if no one replied, it's because no one can say anything for sure.

I still hope for someone to show up and help you but come on... disappointed?

hogleg said:
Sometimes its a timing thing. Also it may look like an unidentifiable cross and people don't want to speculate and give you the wrong idea.
^ This.....
TakashiLM said:
I saw all topics you created but I had no clue. So many similar looking peppers that I can't put a finger on. I'm pretty sure that if no one replied, it's because no one can say anything for sure.
.....and this ^

I do see you have a couple mysteries from Aug 20 with no response.

I suggest you bump the threads in a respectful way, and perhaps, more are apt to help. Sometimes a thread can go unnoticed, perhaps it was not primetime. Try a little nudge before complaining, and it should work out. :)

<bites tongue> 
:mad:

<kicks rocks>
:mope:

:think:

i'm disappointed in new members (most are not like this, but there is always a few every year) expecting "expert advice" from other members in what they deem a timely fashion. 
 The people that offer advice here, are other growers interested in this hobby.  
They are not people paid to answer peoples inquiries with expert advice at beck and call.

As previously stated, most people that viewed the threads that went unanswered probably didn't want to speculate as to what the peppers might be. 
There are countless times that people ask what this or that pepper might be.
Well if someone says; "it looks like XXX-pepper", then the new grower starts calling it XXX-pepper, maybe even saves seeds and wants to get in on a seedtrain later and shares seeds calling this XXX-pepper, when in fact this name given to it was based on a guess of what it sort of looks like  :rolleyes:
This could lead to a lot of confusion and further misidentificaion down the road. 
pretty sure nobody wants this.
 If someones opinion is going to be held as "expert advice", i would think, you are going to be even less likely to find someone willing to guess as to what pepper you might be growing.

i can only wonder if a lot of new pepper growers just don't understand the HUGE number of peppers there are, and how many of them look similar. Not to mention potential for crosses, the instability in those crosses for several generations, etc. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back