• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hey Boss 8)

sicman said:
Mayweather by decision.
As the Irishmen is predominately a MMA fighter i dont think he has the ability to "just" box it out with Mayweather. I reckon McGregors going to come out as a raging bull for the first few rounds for a quick KO.Mayweathers just too cool,calm and collected, if he gets through those first rounds then he "should" be set for the win?

Mayweather had a 21 year career against some of the best boxers in history and owns one of the best chins I've ever seen.  The rare occasions he got caught with a square shot, it came from a legitimate knockout artist and he was completely over it by the time the next round started.  (Hell, Zab Judah hit him full force in the dick followed by the back of the head while helpless and the dude still cruised to victory when the fight resumed.)  McGregor fanboys seem to keep overlooking how stupid tough Floyd actually is on top of being insanely skillful.  I love McGregor and have since before his UFC days, but this is not the discipline he is trained for and he's facing one of the best in the history of that discipline.

In 49 fights against some of the most skillful and hardest hitting people in boxing, Mayweather was only officially knocked down once, and only hit solid about a dozen times.  Think about that for just a moment.  Sure, it only takes one punch.  That's why MMA and Boxing are so great to watch...but c'mon...  :D

I think it's gonna be a lot of fun and has legitimate potential to go the distance, screw the haters.  Mayweather has never been a knockout guy.  McGregor is damn tough and even if he gasses by the 3rd round he can easily keep his feet for full time on grit.  But he can't beat a boxer at boxing unless the Virgin Mary shines her love down upon him in a miracle moment.  (Funfact:  All Irish are Catholic, even if they aren't.)  I'm bound by birth to cheer for the Irish, but he only has the same puncher's chance in this that an amateur boxer from your local gym would.  The only things he has going for him are that Floyd is really old for this and he (McGregor) has a rock solid chin.  People point to McGregor's power left as a major factor, but it isn't.  Zab Judah was a knockout artist leftie with arguably more power than McGregor and with legitimately more skill at hitting elusive people in the face.  The guy had 30 KOs in his career, they fought in 8oz gloves, and he could barely touch Mayweather in their fight...much less hurt him.  Shane Mosley ended 41 of his 46 career wins with a KO and had power + speed in a completely different league from McGregor.  He's the only person I ever saw legitimately hurt Mayweather and Mosley spent two full minutes of that round desperately trying to put the guy away after it happened.  Couldn't do it.

I understand that people who have only ever watched or practiced MMA don't realize how incredibly hard it is to both hit and hurt a disciplined boxer as a boxer.  That's just an average, amateur boxer.  This is the king of the bicycle and the harbinger of the hug.  Best defensive fighter in the history of boxing, for my opinion.  Look up that Shane Mosley fight.  Mosley was a freaking BEAST and could deliver a right hand cement truck out of absolutely nowhere.  Those two shots were probably the hardest hits Mayweather ever took in his career.  If you can find Mosley talking about that fight, you'll hear how depressed and demoralized he was when he realized that he hammered dude with back to back dream punches and they did essentially nothing.  Ah, here we go.  It's the second fight in this video, but watch him in the first fight against Corley, too.  Mayweather gets hit square in the face, hard.  He's actually stepping into that one on top of it being a haymaker.  Doesn't even phase him.  He casually backs up to the ropes and comfortably slips every single shot Corley throws at his head while there.  The one left he does get touched with on the ropes, he is leaning away from and taking no damage off of.  McGregor has to hit and hurt a more experienced version of that.
Watch his legs during the Mosley fight after that second monster right, though.  He was rocked.  Pretty much all of the other moments in his fight history where announcers screamed "he's hurt!", you can see him leaning away or stepping out of the blow prior to tying up and he's still in complete control.  That fight; though, legitimately hurt and one of the best KO artists in his prime couldn't finish him.  (I guess it also says quite a lot that in a 20 year and 49 fight career, you can fit all of the serious hits he took into a single 4 minute video, complete with multiple angle slow-mo replays...)

IMG_5156.JPG

IMG_5155.JPG

sicman said:
McGregor will not get pissy and throw a knee. If he does he loses 100 million.
Just keepin mind Tyson got disqualified for snackng on holyfeilds ear and still got his 30 million people will do crazy stuff when getting rocked! But that's a worst case scenario McGregor is a diciplined fighter and no matter what happens I hope it's an epic fight!

Connor was so gassed at the end that he couldn't even keep his hands up.  Good that it was stopped.  Better fight than I had expected though.  

The fight was entertaining and didn't disappoint. As soon as Mcgregor came out like the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman  I knew the outcome would not be good for him but he did get 100 million for that fight.
https://youtu.be/rHXvMcLrLSY

Back