• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Today's offering

It's pouring down rain here (it has been for the last 3 days) so decided to make some hot sauce, also throwing in some mangoes and fresh pineapple I had in the freezer.

IMG_1201.JPG

I have no idea why all my pictures post sideways, ugh... oh well.

Mr.CtChilihead said:
Yeah I don't get the picture thing either. Looks like a nice rainy day project. Can't wait to see the finished sauce..
Thanks! I let it rest overnight in the fridge so the flavor can develop a bit, more pics of the finished product tomorrow

Crispee-FL said:
Yeah, just a generic store bought hab. They actually had them mislabeled as scotch bonnets (what I normally use) but they had good flavor with a nice heat to them so I grabbed them.
Nothing wrong with Orange Habs... I like the flavor too. [emoji3] Have you tried making a table sauce from the Yucutan called Xec (pronounced shek)? It's kinda like a citrus-y version of spring roll dipping sauce made with bitter orange juice, garlic and orange habs. You can substitute a blend of orange and lime juices for the bitter orange.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Nothing wrong with Orange Habs... I like the flavor too. [emoji3] Have you tried making a table sauce from the Yucutan called Xec (pronounced shek)? It's kinda like a citrus-y version of spring roll dipping sauce made with bitter orange juice, garlic and orange habs. You can substitute a blend or orange and lime juices for the bitter orange.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
Sounds delicious I'll have to try it. Bitter oranges are usually available at the grocery store down here.

Back