• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Trader Joes

What's your favorite Trader Joe's indulgence? It's one of my favorite places to spend some money - even with the occasional challenging parking.

My 2 favorite items are the coconut covered cashews and their frozen tamales. Yum yum yum. [emoji3]
85c1d411bd718d2a90e3d953400fd540.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Too many to list! I don't remember being disappointed on anything I've bought there and we shop there a lot.
Spicy Peanut dressing is awesome on a salad or tossed with rice noodles and chicken.
Some other stuff I usually get there...
Green tea matcha ice cream
Many Clove garlic cooking sauce (used to be 40 clove I think)
Dried fruit
Most of their cheeses
Soyaki sauce
Balsamic glaze (awesome on roasted veggies)
Gyoza potstickers
Garlic and Onion Jam as well as the Bacon Jam

They used to have a candy bar called Fireworks that came out around Valentines Day. Dark chocolate crunch/popping candy bar with cayenne pepper. I bought one the first year they had them and they were sold out the next time I went in a couple days later. A friend of mines daughter worked there part time while in college and I had her buy two boxes for me on the next shipment.

:think:   pretty sure i just figured out why the Wifey hasn't taken me to Trader Joes among our grocery shopping ventures

I imagine the first time, i'd be there for Hours reading labels and wanting to try all kinds of new stuff  :lol: 

when we were sourcing quail eggs for the appetizer in the Egg throwdown  we found a new to us place 
Wife practically had to drag me outta there as they were about to close for the day and i wanted to look at everything! :rofl:  :rofl:

pretty sure if i went into a Trader Joes i'd be buying and trying all kinds of stuff  :party:

<looks up closest Trader Joes>   ;)

hogleg said:

Never tried theirs but marinated short ribs are called Galbi in Korean. Although not all galbi is marinated. The kind that is marinated is super similar to bulgogi marinade. Bulgogi is made with sirloin or more tender cuts usually. The pork version is kinda sweet and spicy.

My favorite at Trader Joes is simple....Their dried mangos. The Korean scallion pancakes were not too bad either.

Back