• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your favorite album?

What's your longtime favorite album? I'm not talking about the intelectually picked cultural milestone supposed to impress every feuilleton reader. I'm talking about the one album that touches your heart for years now.

Here's my choice: Billy Joel: "Songs in the Attic"

It's nearly impossible to pick an all time fave, I'd have to list 10 at least, but the album that has done most for me in recent years is
Babyshambles - Down in Albion
when I heard it over and over again it felt as if I've been waiting for it all my life without knowing it!

Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking / Ritual De Lo Habitual

I couldnt decide between the two of 'em so i picked both

I'd have to say....

Rush - 2112 and the follow ups... A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres.

Also-- Anything by Miles Davis.

Whoa now there is so many but Big Brother Holding Company, Ball and Chain, Beatles Double White and for just hanging around Beach Boys California Dreaming Yea I am an odd one but I am from Okie Land Lol

DevilDuck said:
Also-- Anything by Miles Davis.

A genius! But sometimes he played his gigs for himself and turned his back to the audience.

Omri said:
Black Sabbath's Paranoid.

I have the first eleven albums on vinyl. My favorite band in the eighties, still listen to them sometimes.

texas blues said:
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
Chicken Shack - Imagination Lady
Elmore James - Fire Sessions

Great choice!

"Blues had a Baby and they called it Rock'n'Roll" (Muddy Waters)
"Blues had a Baby way too heavy to hold" (Popa Chubby)

this is such a tough question, it depends on what kind of music I want to listen to at the moment.
currently it is yndi halda - enjoy eternal bliss, but tool - lateralus is a close second

Back