• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Sep 4] What are you working on this week?

Oh man! Hoping it does not strike there, or anywhere if possible...

RB and I and our 3 year old daughter are looking for some shelter from Hurricane Irma, if we have to evacuate. Hopefully somewhere way outside of Florida. The county has run out of sandbags now and the local gas station doesn't have any gas.we're not panicking, but we'd like to keep all options open if possible. We'll probably be leaving sometime Friday. Anybody got a spare room for 3 for a few days or so? We'd be very grateful. xoxo

^^^^ The hugs and kisses are obviously from Rainbowberry lol ^^^^

Hey sick long time... be safe and hope u find shelter.

7190078492.png

It's warming up here in the south, but it is still winter for us (LOL) and my pods are starting to set on some of my last year's plants I "overwintered" (aka left outside and didn't care at all)

BTW, temperature is in celsius degrees

Drive down to China town for some hard to find items like dried gardenia fruits for danmuji and good fish balls.

Bottle some of my jalapeno sauce for gifts and samples.

Make some jalapeno relish with a mix of ripe and green.

Finish installing my LED motion sensor light on the back deck. Just need to finish mounting the small solar panel. Probably put a hard wired one in the garage too.

Im thinking a mild coconut curry sirloin roast with 1 or 2 Scotch Bonnets, carrots and taters would be nice. Maybe use some brown basmatti for a change.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Drive down to China town for some hard to find items like dried gardenia fruits for danmuji and good fish balls.

Bottle some of my jalapeno sauce for gifts and samples.

Make some jalapeno relish with a mix of ripe and green.

Finish installing my LED motion sensor light on the back deck. Just need to finish mounting the small solar panel. Probably put a hard wired one in the garage too.

Im thinking a mild coconut curry sirloin roast with 1 or 2 Scotch Bonnets, carrots and taters would be nice. Maybe use some brown basmatti for a change.
I want the relish recipe :)

I have 100 plus ripe red Jals I need to do something with soon. 

SavinaRed said:
I want the relish recipe :)

I have 100 plus ripe red Jals I need to do something with soon. 

I pretty much just "wing it"

Remove seeds and chop semi fine
Weep the chopped peppers in a little sea salt for 30min to a hour
Finely chop some red or white onion...around 20-25% of pepper weight
Finely chop some cilantro or culantro...use the amount you like

Add a little lime juice and vinegar. Mix is all up and pack it in a jar.
A little ascobic acid will help preserve the color longer.
pRVZcF6.jpg

Experiment with different vinegars. Champagne vinegar was REALLY tasty and had just a hint of sweetness plus it was around 6 or 7% acidity. Mine is not swimming in vinegar or lime juice. 20ish peppers only gets about 2-3 tablespoons of each. The brine/juice should be just enough to keep the top wet in a packed jar. If not just add a little water.

Sickmont said:
RB and I and our 3 year old daughter are looking for some shelter from Hurricane Irma, if we have to evacuate. Hopefully somewhere way outside of Florida. The county has run out of sandbags now and the local gas station doesn't have any gas.we're not panicking, but we'd like to keep all options open if possible. We'll probably be leaving sometime Friday. Anybody got a spare room for 3 for a few days or so? We'd be very grateful. xoxo

^^^^ The hugs and kisses are obviously from Rainbowberry lol ^^^^

oldsalty said:
First let me say to any members in Texas or friends and family of anyone hurt by this tragedy Heather and I send or deepest sympathy and prayers. This pertains to you as well.
To any members and your friends or family's who are in the path of Irma please evacuate to safety Don't try to ride this one out gang. heather and i know many have no place to go or will be displaced from their homes or place or residents. We pray that you all stay safe but if any member or friend or family of a member who is displaced or has no place to go temporarily we would like to offer our home. We don't have tons of room but we can host a family of Five for as long as they need with no worries about finance. Please know we have a private room with two queen size beds and private bath. This is open as long as needed to help a family that needs a place while they are trying to rebuild.
Heather and I also have a temporary space In our Main room with 8 cots that can be used for any individuals looking for safety  also free of any charge. This would be more temporary up to 1 month if needed. We know many will offer to help and know we are a little distance but we hope we are close enough if people need a place for family members to be safe while traveling to make repairs and restart. I hope this doesn't offend anyone we are not saying that this will happen. Heather and I just want our members to know we will help them or there friends or family's any way we can and are arms and hearts are open to any in need.
My personal email is ( jeeper13@gmail.com ) if anyone needs to contact us and we will make our phone numbers available to any in need.

Sorry again for my absence but the fall i took sometime back as most members know has had more complications and i will be needing some more operations but nothing that is anything my friends and family here needs to worry about. I'll be fine as always can't kill the Fall Guy. Whats important now is our friends and family and all others who are in the direct path of this nightmare. So again leave if you can and if you've nowhere to go please don't hesitate to come here gas money is a small price to pay for your life.

From Heather and Grant Please be safe we love you all.

Back