• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ghost Pepper Plant

Question I have a 2 Ghost plants one is putting out about 7 bright red Ghosts the other seems to be putting out chocolate Ghost starts green then to Dark red/Brown but now i have pepper on this plant that seems to be a Peach Ghost... Could one Ghost plant possible put out chocolate and peach Ghosts on the same plant? 

If I understand you right you have two plants.

1 - Putting off all red pods
2 - Putting off peach and brown pods.

My guess is either plant 2 is peach with some that are sunburned.  Or, it is a strain of chocolate ghost which goes threw a peach color before finishing chocolate.  I have not seen that before, but know one of the things we call white ghost travel threw white before ending red.  Another white ghost ends white.  So for all I know, there is a brown that goes threw a peach first.  DNA is some tricky stuff, but unless a branch has a truly rare mutation that dna is the same for the whole plant.

First 2 pictures are current the 3rd picture is the Ghost i took off from the below plant a few days ago went bright green to that 

UtdkWRY.jpg
Uj2h3NI.jpg
mbUU5yG.jpg

Red and green makes for a brown color, if it was in the middle of maturing I would say that is what it is. 
But the last picture you have there it looks like the pod has finished maturing?

Just wanted to post an updated picture this was taken yesterday 09-21-17 it is same plant as above the 2 green have gone to chocolate but the white/peach has stayed exactly the same color been about 14 days seems crazy 2 totally different color peppers on one plant.

twXY6DB.jpg

Back