SFRB Alternative

Check out the USPS - Regional Rate B Boxes. It can fit anywhere from 4-8 bottles of sauce. Within the Northeast region (usually within 200-300 miles from shipper) the price for a label is $7 and the boxes are free when you order them off the following link.............  

Free boxes https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3apriority-mail&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=priority-mail&productId=P_RRB_B1

Flat rate boxes are good for when you're shipping further away from your region.

Depends on distance unlike flat rate. I sent a pretty large, heavy box to CT from NYC and was $10.40 Priority. Using their packaging I would have had to go Large Flat Rate ($18.85). PS. There's also something most people don't know. You can order Priority boxes that are not flat rate, and a lot of times, can be cheaper (but when going to be more expensive, us the FR obviously). Hopefully you are set up at home with a proper scale, and Stamps.com service, etc.

Come to think of it flat rate seems like overkill for peppers since they are light. Priority shipping starts at $5.05 otherwise so you could probably find a better box and get more in.I'd experiment with the different Non-Flat Rate boxes, even the triangle. I've always used flat rate to pack heavy things like sauces.

Off season, I am buying a plugin for the online store that works with stamps.com  The main benefit for me is that it transfers names and addresses so I dont have to cut an paste.  But saving a wee bit on each transaction is a plus.  If it works out, scale and pick up point will be next.  A lot of this is over my head, but I am learning as I go and folk here are very helpful, thank you.

Back