•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

SFRB Alternative

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AJ Drew

AJ Drew
  • aka:Da Boss's Dad

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

Looking for alternatives to SFRB.  Found these.  Going to experiment with sending them priority like the SFRB and see if it is cheaper.  Suspect it wont be because priority is more expensive than first class.  But willing to bet if the product is not horribly time sensitive and can go a cheaper route that hot sauce and powder folk could save a bit.  Check it out.

https://www.uline.co...orrugated-Boxes

Thanksgiving Weekend Seed Sale

Black Friday threw Cyber Monday  - New Sales Each Day

Click here for Peppers by Mail P.B.M.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 BrotherJosh

BrotherJosh

Mild

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

Check out the USPS - Regional Rate B Boxes. It can fit anywhere from 4-8 bottles of sauce. Within the Northeast region (usually within 200-300 miles from shipper) the price for a label is $7 and the boxes are free when you order them off the following link.............  

Free boxes https://store.usps.c...ductId=P_RRB_B1

Flat rate boxes are good for when you're shipping further away from your region.

#3 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 40,961 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Depends on distance unlike flat rate. I sent a pretty large, heavy box to CT from NYC and was $10.40 Priority. Using their packaging I would have had to go Large Flat Rate ($18.85). PS. There's also something most people don't know. You can order Priority boxes that are not flat rate, and a lot of times, can be cheaper (but when going to be more expensive, us the FR obviously). Hopefully you are set up at home with a proper scale, and Stamps.com service, etc.

:cheers:

#4 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 40,961 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

Here's a look as some of the Priority Non-Flat rate boxes you can get free http://www.stamps.co...l-box-guide.pdf

#5 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 40,961 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Come to think of it flat rate seems like overkill for peppers since they are light. Priority shipping starts at $5.05 otherwise so you could probably find a better box and get more in.I'd experiment with the different Non-Flat Rate boxes, even the triangle. I've always used flat rate to pack heavy things like sauces.

#6 AJ Drew

AJ Drew
  • aka:Da Boss's Dad

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

Off season, I am buying a plugin for the online store that works with stamps.com  The main benefit for me is that it transfers names and addresses so I dont have to cut an paste.  But saving a wee bit on each transaction is a plus.  If it works out, scale and pick up point will be next.  A lot of this is over my head, but I am learning as I go and folk here are very helpful, thank you.

Thanksgiving Weekend Seed Sale

Black Friday threw Cyber Monday  - New Sales Each Day

Click here for Peppers by Mail P.B.M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests