• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

3 pepper ids please

bought some seeds in the spring and dont think they are what they are
brazilian starfish?
hBat2Jv.jpg

f3nqTbv.jpg

trinadad perfume?
OBpi0Iz.jpg

5u3r2Vf.jpg

wH5dox6.jpg

bought this at a chain store...
fJFSmyr.jpg

BRz8jB8.jpg

v8Pnis6.jpg

thanks in advance!!
have a great day

Brazilian Starfish definitely looks true to me. Perfume, I'm not an expert. It could be the wrong pepper or just an off pheno. Last one is def. Wrong.

Perfumes seem to transition to orange later in life, like the Aji Amarillo that's commonly picked yellow. Those peppers look close to it but the wide point should be a touch below the top if mine are any indication. Be careful, it might be a full heat Hab.

Bottom one is a Hungarian Hot Wax, I'm almost certain.

+1 on the Brazilian Starfish, and +1 on the Hungarian Hot Wax.

I guess based on the pods the Trinidad Perfume could just be a little off-pheno due to your local climate and other factors, but the flowers have blue anthers, which suggest Chinense. The Trinidad Perfume should be an Annuum. Stick one in your mouth and tell us what you feel, lol!

b3rnd said:
I guess based on the pods the Trinidad Perfume could just be a little off-pheno due to your local climate and other factors, but the flowers have blue anthers, which suggest Chinense. The Trinidad Perfume should be an Annuum. Stick one in your mouth and tell us what you feel, lol!

Interesting. Everything I had previously seen or heard suggested it was a chinense, validating its claims of relation to Habaneros and Bonnets, but a quick google now shows it listed as both species, depending on where you look.

There are definitely anthers like that on my perfume, though, either way.

spicefreak said:
Interesting. Everything I had previously seen or heard suggested it was a chinense.....
The one I grew was a Chinense. I've never heard of it being listed as anything but Chinense.

My Trinidad Perfume put out like a hundred pods per node last year
IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5303.JPG

I also agree with Brazilian Starfish, and HHW (provided the pods started out upright. If not, probably some type of banana pepper)

thanks all. the hhw does grow upright at first then falls over, goood to hear about the BS... the perfume could be a pheno, i just figured it would have a different shape. i will try it on the weekend when it should be a bit riper  :dance:

so the perfume turned red and i snacked it lol. first bite tingled the lips and gave some soft heat. only thing that baffles me is i was expecting the pepper to be yellow and diff shape 

So the phenotype is a little off, and it ripens to red and has heat, even if only a mild heat. Yeah, I don't think you have a Trinidad Perfume there. At least it sounds like it might be a pretty pleasant milder chinense, whatever it is. 

Back