• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Please I.D. -- Fake Carolina Reaper!?!?!

Hello!!!

I bought some seeds from Carolina Reaper, after several months this is the result....

This Is Carolina Reaper ????

Can you help me identify?

Thanks

Attachments

• 21729801_1681385935259800_469894545_o.jpg
    21729801_1681385935259800_469894545_o.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 126
I got the same "reaper" as you Hahahah. It is indeed an annuum

got my seeds from aliexpress (I knew it wasn't reapers even before planting)

The pepper has a good  flavor though

mine has almost no heat at all. have you tasted yours?

Hi, i bought my from eBay,  

I still have not tasted it's still green, the photo is from today ...

TakashiLM said:
I got the same "reaper" as you Hahahah. It is indeed an annuum

got my seeds from aliexpress (I knew it wasn't reapers even before planting)

The pepper has a good  flavor though

mine has almost no heat at all. have you tasted yours?

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`
I see their product ads in eBay & Amazon all the time, who's ordered these?> 200 seeds Giant Spices Spicy Red Chili Hot Pepper (You'll note the the three pix in the right hand column look nothing like the main pic.....HINT! HINT!)

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who know absolutelly nothing about plants and they will buy it.

y'know, I've got a lot of great stuff from aliexpress, even some cherry tomato seeds that produced really great fruits. and also things that has nothing to do with plants or gardening

but the world the way it is, it is not surprising for me people selling blue strawberries seeds, rainbow rose seeds and stuff and even reselling on ebay... disappointing but not surprising.

TakashiLM said:

chinense/annuum pepper seeds are all identical in shape, thay only vary in size. you could put them in your mouth once received. (yeah I've done that)
I've done that too.

Anyway, it's hard to tell until you at least start seeing buds. Then that'll only tell you if it's annuum, Chinese, baccatum, or whatever else. Of course, you'd know right away with pubescens.

Best way to make sure you get the right seeds is to buy from a reputable vendor. There are tons right here on thp.

Caps said:
I never thought they would fake this ....

I'll taste the seeds when I get home.

I once thought so as well.

a real reaper seed (or super hot in general) should be as hot as the pepper itself. so putting them on top of your tongue is a way to check

TakashiLM said:
I once thought so as well.

a real reaper seed (or super hot in general) should be as hot as the pepper itself. so putting them on top of your tongue is a way to check
I can't say that's been my experience. Seeds from hot peppers are hot, and you can tell the difference between jalapeño and reaper by the heat of the seeds for sure, but I don't think the heat even gets close to matching the heat of the pod.

However, the point of tasting the seeds beforehand could still be helpful, assuming that they aren't sterilized or whatever is done to commercial seeds. The hardware store seeds are tasteless.

Back