• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Watering Your Plants

I received my plants from chileplants.com late last week, and got them into their pots over the weekend. They arrived in good condition.

A lot of what I've read says to let the soil get really dry between watering. Is that the best thing to do, especially this early in the game, since they've just been transferred to pots? I've never grown peppers before, so I have no point of reference.

Also, a couple of plants have a leaf whose very tip has turned black and dry? Is that normal?

If anyone could provide some info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Until their root structures are solid, I can't see you letting them dry out. That doesn't make sense to me. I just lost a Jasmine (cutting) plant because while we were away, the soil dried out.

I too, though, have no idea when it comes to peppers.

T

Some of mine are still in the tiny pots they came in, like 15 of them, the rest are in pots, and I water mine every 2 days, its been hot here in kansas lately, and they seem to be doing good, there all making flowers which I pick off...

oh and my dog ate 3 of the plants, that I put in the ground, and had a fence around, still cant figure out how he got in there.

have a question how long can I kept them in the 2 inch pots they came in, reason why I ask is we are moving in less than a month to Alabama on may 26 thay have been in the little pots since I got them. the first week of april.

right now all my plants are brown and rock hard and when i touch them them make a sickening cracking sound.....do they need water???

bubbaschili said:
right now all my plants are brown and rock hard and when i touch them them make a sickening cracking sound.....do they need water???

No Bubba. Those are the pots. The plants are the green things in the dirt :lol:

huvason][quote=bubbaschili said:

No Bubba. Those are the pots. The plants are the green things in the dirt :lol:[/quote]
BWAHAHAHAHHA!

Back