Had a hard time figuring out where to park these but this will be my home for Sauces and Powder unless moved by admin. Don't really think i'm in a position to start selling products but will offer some stuff in SFRB here in the near future. Until then here's to documenting my work.
Making a small batch of asian zing sauce. Pretty standard recipe. Smoking some Chicken Thighs, will baste them with this and maybe serve with broccoli and tiny bit of white rice. Been trying to go paleo again. Down 11 lbs. Averaging about 0.5lbs a day. Wanted to make my General D3monics chicken but too much flour and deep frying.
Asian Zing Sauce (clone for bww with exception of my smoked thai peppers for extra heat)
• 6 teaspoons cornstarch (so not paleo but don't have arrowroot)
• 12 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
• 1 1⁄2cup corn syrup or 1 ½ cups sugar desolved in ¼ cup hot water
• 1 cup chili-garlic sauce
• 3 tablespoon Tamari
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 Teaspoon Plum Smoked thai peppers.
1. Dissolve corn starch in rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan combine remaining ingredients.
3. Add corn starch and rice wine vinegar mixture and stir well.
4. Heat mixture on low/medium heat, stirring often until sauce reaches a boil and thickens.
5. Remove from heat, allow it to cool then cover it and chill it until ready to use
Arrowroot would probably keep the dark red color better
Edited by D3monic, 20 September 2017 - 05:40 PM.