#41 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 48,741 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Ferment, sherment. Put it in a sunny window for three days, then in a dark spot for 3 weeks. Blam.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

The asian zing sauce has been really popular with everyone that has tried it. Going to make another batch this weekend most likely. Also got about 15 lbs of meat for jerky. 

I'm still trying to find a good container option for my gaucho rub. (not to mention labels.)

Toss up between these tin cans

https://www.amazon.c...B7OVNEWKX&psc=1

I really like the tins other than the lids don't screw on.  

or these jars

https://www.amazon.c...TAJS5FY3F&psc=1

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#43 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

picked up a couple bartlett pears to try in my next sauce. Going to try more sugar and heat. 

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#44 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

Went with the tins for the rubs

Find me on Instagram

#45 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

I got a handful of tomatillos thinking about roasting a bunch with some garlic and onion and making a green sauce. 

Find me on Instagram

#46 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

I got a handful of tomatillos thinking about roasting a bunch with some garlic and onion and making a green sauce. 

Green sauces are often great, I find. Especially the ones that are a lot hotter than you're expecting :hell:

"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

#47 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

Green sauces are often great, I find. Especially the ones that are a lot hotter than you're expecting :hell:

The jalapeños I grew this year are hotter than shit so should make for a decently hot sauce. Also have a couple bartlett pears 🍐 so might toss those in as well.

Find me on Instagram

#48 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

The jalapeños I grew this year are hotter than shit so should make for a decently hot sauce. Also have a couple bartlett pears 🍐 so might toss those in as well.

I could imagine the pears going well in a green sauce... or a jam/chutney...
"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

#49 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,819 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

I could imagine the pears going well in a green sauce....

Pineapple too ;)
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#50 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Todays agenda, Jerky!

Some el scorponero, cherry smoked el scorponero, garlic, ginger, pepper, onion powder and brown sugar. 

Rx9j7gW.jpg

Dales marinade, soy sauce, garlic chili sauce and liquid smoke. Could use a little more pepper maybe

WX8TFgi.jpg

aEsCcWy.jpg

got a bunch of peppers in the background I need to process for seeds. Some interesting crosses from kevin bane

Also my rub tins came in today. 

9zlvyXb.jpg

FjY5t7B.jpg

wYa6Ow4.jpg

Lid isn't as tight as I would like but I think they look nice

RUXwwuZ.jpg

MeibWHZ.jpg

I just need to find some heat shrink or something that will fit the tin. For the first few I give out i'll probably just use tape or something. Or maybe magnetize the lids

Find me on Instagram

#51 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,819 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

That jerky sounds like it's gonna be slammin' D3. Love the tins too
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#52 Jubnat

Jubnat

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • aka:a turtle's dream in outer space

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Do you use curing salt in your jerky?

#53 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Do you use curing salt in your jerky?

No but it's never lasted more than a couple days. If I was to ever start selling it I would probably need to look into preservatives. I do have a bunch of those oxygen absorbing packets though.

Find me on Instagram

#54 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

For what it's worth I dry at 158 and do the post dry heating mentioned here http://extension.ore...jerkyathome.pdf

Find me on Instagram

#55 Jubnat

Jubnat

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • aka:a turtle's dream in outer space

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

Cool, thanks for the link

#56 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

Jerky marinated over night. From left to right. El Scorponero, D3 Goat and right is Ghostly Peno (ghost x jalapeno)

9BPv9eF.jpg

El Scorponero

1JsvDGP.jpg

D3 Goat

rJunlNZ.jpg

Second round will be rest of D3 goat and the ghostlypeno 

Find me on Instagram

#57 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:55 AM

Damn, that jerky looks like it's gonna be good.

Do you make it with a dehydrator? I'm gonna have to do some searching around for recipes and stuff and try my hand at it next year I think... gotta love some jerky!

#58 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

Damn, that jerky looks like it's gonna be good.

Do you make it with a dehydrator? I'm gonna have to do some searching around for recipes and stuff and try my hand at it next year I think... gotta love some jerky!

Yea I have two dehydrators that I've been running all evening. Letting jerky cool to room temp right now and about to fill dehydrator again

Find me on Instagram

#59 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:56 PM

Goofing around with GIMP, never used it. Kind of hard to navigate and obviously not very proficient at it. Whipped up a quick label for my sweet asian sauce. Still needs some work. Need to see how it looks on a avery 8165 (3.5" x 4") Thinking I may be able to shrink the side test boxes down a little. Also still needs heat scale. 

KDryZFI.png

Find me on Instagram

#60 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,706 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Looks good lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests