#101 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 49,012 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

Their customer service is actually really good. You could buy it, call them, and tell them you never got the trial and they should credit you. Otherwise, it's the cost of a beer a month. ;)

#102 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

Re-did the asian sauce label to kind of go with the theme of the other labels. 

X6cnJ8U.png

made another batch today of about a dozen bottles but for whatever reason it's a lot thinner this round. Followed same recipe except this time I made a larger batch. All the ingredients and ratios where the same though... 

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#103 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:54 AM

Damn, labels looks terrific!

Excellent work my friend!

"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

#104 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

Sauce still thinner than i'd like after cooling. Quick question on general safety. Do you feel it's too risky to dump the contents of the bottles, add something, rinse the bottles, reboil them, reheat the sauce and hot fill hold again. Or do you think there's a chance for contamination like that? Only issue I could see is with the caps but they are getting hot filled and inverted. Thoughts?

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#105 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

I do have a box of new lids I could always use new ones if that would be the main safety concern. 

Find me on Instagram

#106 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

I think with new caps you are good. Sterilize the bottles and HFH again. Salsalady probably the best one to ask.

#107 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

I think with new caps you are good. Sterilize the bottles and HFH again. Salsalady probably the best one to ask.

That's what I ended up doing. Rinsed the bottles clean, boiled the ish out of them and then boiled my sauce down until it was the desired consistency and then put brand new lids on. 

Find me on Instagram

#108 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

hcCXBEe.jpg

fAxAqQm.jpg

Find me on Instagram

#109 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

That's what I ended up doing. Rinsed the bottles clean, boiled the ish out of them and then boiled my sauce down until it was the desired consistency and then put brand new lids on.

You're good, dude. No worries
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#110 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:18 AM

Box looks good! :onfire:

"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

#111 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

ended up selling most the sauces to coworkers who been bugging me for some. 

my last harvest of the season. Freeze killed everything else off, the pequin x goatsweed crosses where the only ones to look unaffected. Also the blue christmas

Anyone ever do a ferment / sauce with goatsweed?

bQvMYB2.jpg

Find me on Instagram

#112 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

was really irritated today. had a 24 pack of woozie bottles dropped off by usps. Came home and they was nowhere to be found. After tearing the house apart and getting mad at the fam because I been harping about getting a ring doorbell. I finally gave up and started to file a claim with amazon. Mid claim (8pm) I get a knock at the door. A lady several blocks away had received my package. Was really nice of her to return it to me, a lot of people probably wouldn't have.  Have had nothing but problems with this new mailman. 

Anyhow, back to the what the plans were for this weekend. Not a lot of pods left to play with for this winter. Trying to come up with some sauce ideas. 

aRu7k5X.jpg

I seem to be missing the large bag full of Caribbean red habaneros I had in my hand the other day. Was thinking about using them in a mash. For life of me I can't find them. 

Whole bunch of omni bonnets

wZWgd5c.jpg

Last season Aji Painapple f1

8BcZj3b.jpg

White bhuts and white bullet habs

3F3FJ5F.jpg

D3 Goat

CQlUr8g.jpg

Also big bag full of sugar rush, jays peach ghost scorpion off phenos (red and a wasp looking one), mixed peppers, smoked 7pot orange x bbg7 and whatever else. 

Find me on Instagram

#113 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

Yo man.....that Spicy Thai sauce is like crack. It is perfect. Right heat, right sweet and I really like the touch of soy in there.

Thanks for the great package today.

#114 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

Yo man.....that Spicy Thai sauce is like crack. It is perfect. Right heat, right sweet and I really like the touch of soy in there.

Thanks for the great package today.

Thanks, i've been going through like a bottle a week.  Thank god I can make that one pretty regularly. At least until I run out of dried thai peppers. Now  I just need to come up with some other solid recipes. I'm going to try for another good verde sauce  this weekend maybe. The last batch had almost  no heat with the jalapenos and poblanos. Might toss in a few d3 goat to kick it up a notch.  

Edited by D3monic, 09 November 2017 - 11:17 PM.

Find me on Instagram

#115 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

making some salsa verde

1lb jalapenos, 3 d3 goat, serranos,  handful pequin x goatsweed, red onion, pear, toasted onion and garlic, kosher salt, 3 small limes  and some datu puti vinegar. 

TuPrzeu.jpg

Edited by D3monic, 10 November 2017 - 08:11 PM.

Find me on Instagram

#116 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 49,012 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

where da tomatillos?

#117 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

where da tomatillos?

Oh yes, those too. 5 of them

Find me on Instagram

#118 Voodoo 6

Voodoo 6

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • aka:Voodoo
  • Location:Born In Texas (The Holy Land) but live in New Mexico for now.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

Are these available to the public???

#119 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:13 AM

Are these available to the public???

Unfortunatly no, only friends and family. I legally can't sell hot sauce since I don't have a commercial kitchen or license. Right now i'm just experimenting and trying to get some recipes together in case I ever do decide to into the business. 

Edited by D3monic, 11 November 2017 - 03:13 AM.

Find me on Instagram

#120 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

p39yC8y.jpg

TuPrzeu.jpg

Used my finest screen for food mill

hH6llSW.jpg

IJM4ZKW.jpg

Label for the green sauce complete

WYSbY79.png

ukjUbkp.jpg

Few small seeds still made it in. 

Cip7Ws8.jpg

Find me on Instagram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests