• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

D3 Pepper Products

Had a hard time figuring out where to park these but this will be my home for Sauces and Powder unless moved by admin. Don't really think i'm in a position to start selling products but will offer some stuff in SFRB here in the near future. Until then here's to documenting my work. 

Making a small batch of asian zing sauce. Pretty standard recipe. Smoking some Chicken Thighs, will baste them with this and maybe serve with broccoli and tiny bit of white rice. Been trying to go paleo again. Down 11 lbs. Averaging about 0.5lbs a day. Wanted to make my General D3monics chicken but too much flour and deep frying. 

Asian Zing Sauce (clone for bww with exception of my smoked thai peppers for extra heat)

Ingredients
• 6 teaspoons cornstarch (so not paleo but don't have arrowroot)
• 12 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
• 1  1⁄2cup corn syrup or 1 ½ cups sugar desolved in ¼ cup hot water
•  1 cup chili-garlic sauce
• 3 tablespoon Tamari
•  1 teaspoon ground ginger
•  1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1  teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 Teaspoon Plum Smoked thai peppers.  

DIRECTIONS
1. Dissolve corn starch in rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan combine remaining ingredients.
3. Add corn starch and rice wine vinegar mixture and stir well.
4. Heat mixture on low/medium heat, stirring often until sauce reaches a boil and thickens.
5. Remove from heat, allow it to cool then cover it and chill it until ready to use

MYlgB1I.jpg

Arrowroot would probably keep the dark red color better

SRlLG3l.jpg

4507VYB.jpg

11kXWel.jpg

Prep for some rub

Mk7VmZJ.jpg

JPHsz9H.jpg

Smells good, I might try hawaiian blend or maybe african beans. Not really knowledgeable on coffee but I know i've smelt better. I need to stop at a coffee shop. There was one in Tempe, AZ that had nothing but coffee beans and I loved stopping there as a kid and smelling them all. 

mFdTnln.jpg

Some Pablanos and Guajillo going into smoker after my chicken , see how they taste smoked and dried. Leaning toward using the guajillo

zTahnym.jpg

Quick test batch of Goucho rub. 

x8hGyN2.jpg

AVNg1nY.jpg

fsJ3Xp7.jpg

Will see how it tastes on this pork shoulder

qnyfetH.jpg

I'm going to try another batch in the same ratios but toast the ingredients (except brown sugar) see what kind of color and flavor difference there is. I think Toasted will be an improvement. Maybe even use Toasted Cumin seeds. 

sirex said:
When I see all the cross the crosses you pump out, these rubs and sauces I can't help but think- " dammit. I'm but a man amongst Giants. ".

Seriously. The attention to detail in your crosses, the color of your sauce, everything. It's all incredible.

Thanks you, greatly appreciate the compliment. I don't really feel I deserve it but it's the little things that can brighten your day. 

When I was about to pull it from smoker

MzyBFdu.jpg

I ended up eating most the bark waiting on the fam. Turned out very very good

Brj4oE7.jpg

vI4ntRl.jpg

Second test batch of Gaucho rub. Much better. Toasted minced garlic and Onion for more texture. 

9nqC7su.jpg

Used less cocoa nibs in this batch. Slightly over toasted while talking to the wife but at least no burnt taste

nS8dQ69.jpg

Looks good mang! I wonder what a little pink peppercorn would do there, it has a citrusy kinda taste and may brighten it up. My fave store-bought grinder has pink Himalayan salt and pink peppercorns. (Technically not peppercorns but a fruit from a Peruvian tree.) Looks really good but it came to mind. Cheers!

The Hot Pepper said:
Looks good mang! I wonder what a little pink peppercorn would do there, it has a citrusy kinda taste and may brighten it up. My fave store-bought grinder has pink Himalayan salt and pink peppercorns. (Technically not peppercorns but a fruit from a Peruvian tree.) Looks really good but it came to mind. Cheers!
I agreed, needs a coarser pepper grind as well. Maybe one those tri pepper blends of pink, black and white.

Grains of paradise could also work from what I have heard, have not tried.

Getting ready to make a small batch of hotsauce using white bullet habs, white bhuts and my pale yellow d3 goats. Thinking about keeping it simple. Roasted garlic and onion, vinegar and kosher salt. 

KeOY6zT.jpg

Other items I have handy I could add without changing color too much
  • Pineapple ground cherries
  • apple
  • ?
I'll let you guys weigh in on what vinegar would go best. I have on hand

Organic apple cider
Datu Puti
white wine
red wine
cherry balsamic (probably not for this sauce)
Rice wine
balsamic

D3monic said:
Getting ready to make a small batch of hotsauce using white bullet habs, white bhuts and my pale yellow d3 goats. Thinking about keeping it simple. Roasted garlic and onion, vinegar and kosher salt. 

KeOY6zT.jpg

Other items I have handy I could add without changing color too much
  • Pineapple ground cherries
  • apple
  • ?
I'll let you guys weigh in on what vinegar would go best. I have on hand

Organic apple cider
Datu Puti
white wine
red wine
cherry balsamic (probably not for this sauce)
Rice wine
balsamic

Yellow tomato if you're looking for an additional substance, and I like rice vinegar personally. Sounds like it will be an awesome sauce...

sinab-gulturk.jpg

Back