• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Crispee's Winter Grow 2017 - 2018

Bali pepper, I can't find a whole lot of info on the one C. Annuum but it got big quick.
IMG_1209.JPG

Thai Orange and Aji Cristal
IMG_1210.JPG

Bahamian Goat, interesting the one in the Mickey D's styrofoam cup took off compared to the others behind it
IMG_1211.JPG

Front to back - MOA Scott Bonnets, Freeport Orange, Antillias Red Hab, 7 pot Yellow, Moruga Scorpion
IMG_1212.JPG

Wish me luck!

MikeUSMC said:
Still haven't tried a Dario. It's on my "one of these years I'll grow them" list, lol ;)

Nice little harvest, Crispee! :cheers:
I can send you seeds but they werent isolated still probably have a 40 pods yet to ripen

+1 everybody - great stuff, Chris!

How was the heat and flavor of the Datils?  Mine were more
yellow and looked more pointed and lumpy, but are as hot as
blazes!  They make a good tasting, hot yellow powder.  My seed
came originally from Romy6 (thanks, Jamie ) in Florida.  They
have always been über productive.

PaulG said:
+1 everybody - great stuff, Chris!

How was the heat and flavor of the Datils?  Mine were more
yellow and looked more pointed and lumpy, but are as hot as
blazes!  They make a good tasting, hot yellow powder.  My seed
came originally from Romy6 (thanks, Jamie ) in Florida.  They
have always been über productive.
hey Paul! Some are more pointy that was the first batch that came in like that... I absolutely love the Datil flavor about the same heat as a Bonnet or hab but a different type of sweetness. Very productive plant for sure and still producing.

Is Datil a wild / naturalized variety in Florida?

Figured I would update this with some of (what I am calling) Culinary varieties I started this year:

83EDEAE0-3612-4B2D-85F2-75B16119681C.jpeg

Corno di Toro Italian Frying Pepper

DA4EB1A5-3725-411B-BD57-C1B0CFD416DC.jpeg

Aleppo (the one Jim Duffy carries)

16168309-486C-4615-8D3B-4EC9C7E39F21.jpeg

Urfa Biber - I am excited to grow these, I have them fresh and flaked and love the complexity of flavor with some heat

EA54CB7C-2A05-4448-A124-5C0DB91EE202.jpeg

Thai peppers going crazy after pruning

171919BE-AF61-4069-869B-413B09BB59AF.jpeg

Aji Cristal

C4102B93-8C26-454F-B4E8-A461FB0EF7A9.jpeg

Aji Pineapple

Peppers are looking awesome Crispy! Hey did you have to do anything special to get the aleppos to sprout? Mine are being stubborn I haven't gotten seed to geminate yet.

Muckyai said:
Peppers are looking awesome Crispy! Hey did you have to do anything special to get the aleppos to sprout? Mine are being stubborn I haven't gotten seed to geminate yet.
I just do my normal paper towel germination. It worked fine. I may have some few seeds if you need some.

It'll be interesting to see how the Corno di Toro, Alepo, and Urfa Biber do when the Summer heat starts to set in.

I'm always trying to keep up with peppers that grow well in a hot and humid climate.

Back