• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Local's 2017/18 Glog - Perth, WA

So I thought I should start another one of these considering the weather is starting to get better now.

After cutting the plants right back though winter they are kicking into gear now.
o77v4o.jpg

xlgkus.jpg

Also having the LED's this year is making the seedings grow a hell of alot faster than last years :) should have them in the ground by late October at this stage. Here is what it all looked like last week, I'll get some new photos tonight.
2qimszd.jpg

1qsoly.jpg

Yeah hoping to get a fair few pods this year compared to last. considering my plants didnt see sun until really late in the year this should be better.

But unlike last year my seedlings are coming along nicely, I'm using a mix of soil from my local gardening shop, not measures but some potting mix, seedling mix and perlite from Green Life Soil Co. They seem to like it.
24689k8.jpg

Hey hey hey!

Good to see some more Aussie action!

What varieties have you got growing?

Best of luck, I'll be sure to follow along! Looking good so far!

qandeel said:
helathy looking seedlings. Which LED's did you use? Keep the updates coming please.
Found this kit online, working pretty well so far. http://www.aquastyleonline.com/products/Aquarium-24-LEDs-DIY-Kit.html
20LEDkit__49708_zoom.JPG

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
Hey hey hey!

Good to see some more Aussie action!

What varieties have you got growing?

Best of luck, I'll be sure to follow along! Looking good so far!

So I've got these growing.
MoA Scotch Bonnets
Scotch Bonnets - Red
Jalapenos
Bishops Hat
Aji 

Hoping to have a heap of MoA's this year

Hey mate looking good! Looks like you have it sorted :)

BTW Ravenswood Hotel is doing Chilli Fest this month next weekend so check out the website its gonna be huge!!!!

Hey, Damien, good to see you in the glogosphere, mate!

Looks like you are off to a good start.  I'm always impressed
by your OW plants. 

Hey guys,

Sorry about the late reply, Been a busy month.

But garden is going great now, the OW plants are flowering and the seedlings are doing okay, I accidentally sunburnt them so they are a little sad at the moment :/

I'll get some pics this afternoon :)

P.S sorry Jason, didn't see your post in time. I wish I could have made it. but I was out camping that weekend :/ let me know when the next one is. I need to get me some more of those poppers :P

Okay, update time.

As you can see, the OW are insane, it's hardly even summer here and they're massive. I've only given them a bit of seasol a month or so ago and they get watered twice a week on the irrigation.
2aiejxs.jpg

im6syx.jpg

30mwdvd.jpg

25t9ea9.jpg

330h5zr.jpg

My seedlings have seen better days but they are nearly ready for the ground. I'll have to make the second planter box for them pretty soon, watch this space  ;)
vhvq82.jpg

1ou5xu.jpg

+1 above comments - looking good, Damien!
I assume the sticks in the cups are for keeping
the seedlings upright?

Hey guys, cheers for the encouragement, weirdly enough I feel like I've neglected them this year and they just seem to thrive on neglect  :rolleyes:

And yep, the sticks are to keep them upright. It's been a pretty windy past few months over here.

Back