• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Beef Empanadas

For the dough I used 4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of shortening, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk.

The stuff, who knows! ground beef, 2 onions, 2 tbls minced garlic, 1 can black olives diced, 3 chili peppers from the garden (some quasi mild burpee thing), my special spiced salt, salt, several yellow pear tomatoes.

hot stuff said:

For the dough I used 4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of shortening, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk.

The stuff, who knows! ground beef, 2 onions, 2 tbls minced garlic, 1 can black olives diced, 3 chili peppers from the garden (some quasi mild burpee thing), my special spiced salt, salt, several yellow pear tomatoes.
These look great! If you can afford the health risk I would highly recommend using lard in place of shortening. There is conflicting info on whether animal fats are bad for you, and personally I would rather eat natural animal fat than something created in a lab. Lard makes for fantastic pastries.

austin87 said:
These look great! If you can afford the health risk I would highly recommend using lard in place of shortening. There is conflicting info on whether animal fats are bad for you, and personally I would rather eat natural animal fat than something created in a lab. Lard makes for fantastic pastries.
It's just what I had on hand at the time.

Back